Baku

Max's (POV)

Spending a couple of weeks in Monaco with Kaycee and Luna really was a whole new experience for me. I was used to the pressures of being an F1 driver but that really was a walk in the park compared to raising a baby. This was a completely new challenge for me and I'd never done this part with Kelly and P but surprisingly even though it was really challenging and exhausting at times I was loving every moment of it. Which just made it harder to leave. Kaycee said she didn't want Luna flying around too much especially with her only being 2 months old but I knew that wasn't the whole reason. She worried about being anywhere Charles would be, it was written all over her face anytime I brought up her coming with me.

I took my seat in the drivers briefing most the drivers hadn't arrived yet so I closed my eyes for a minute. "You look tired" Daniel chuckled as he came to sit next to me, whilst Lando sat the other side of me. I couldn't help but laugh I was tired, I was so unbelievably exhausted but for good reason. "How are they both doing man" Daniel asked cautiously, as he glanced in Charles' direction he must of came in whilst I was sleeping he was close enough to hear over conversation but far enough away to not be involved. He was definitely listening because his eyes flickered over to us and then quickly away. "Yeah really good, Luna's great" I replied proudly. "is Kaycee going to bring Luna to any races" Lando asked a lot louder than he needed to making Charles look over to us straight away. He must of been cautious about the thought Luna being in the paddock because we definitely all were. Everyone knew Charles was her dad but it was just unspoken about throughout the paddock, the Ferrari legal team had worked tirelessly to keep the paddock media from saying anything about Charles being the father but we all wondered if that would be the case once Luna was around. "Maybe Imola but probably not till Monaco" well I wasn't completely sure it was just a guess and I hoped they'd be around for some races at least. "it'll be great to see them both" he replied smiling. All I could hear was Charles scoff at what Lando said instantly catching my attention. "Something funny?" I asked him peering directly at him. "Just remind her to keep her mouth shut" Charles snarled at me, I felt pure anger bubble up inside me. "she shouldn't have to" Lewis snapped back at him as he entered the room before I could even say anything.

The room went completely silent and everyone just looked at Lewis. "this doesn't involve you" Charles snarled back, what Lewis had said clearly got under his skin "Unlike you some of us actually care about your daughter" Lewis said back to him clearly frustrated which wasn't something you would see very often usually he kept himself out of the drama and would usually be very diplomatic. Despite this I wasn't surprised by what Lewis was saying. Although I'd previously had my reservations about him and Kaycee I'd come to realise that he cared about her and only wanted the best for her even when it came to her choosing him as one of Luna's godparents I thought it was a great idea. Charles didn't respond he just turned his head away from us. But unfortunately for him Lewis wasn't finished yet. "The daughter you pretend doesn't exist" Lewis muttered loud enough for Charles to hear.