Double dating

Me and Max were trying to have a relaxing morning for once, it really was a rarity and I wanted to enjoy the little time we had together before he flew off to Canada. In all honesty travelling with a baby was exhausting and with Italy, Monaco and Spain being one after the other neither of us could be bothered to do anything or go anywhere. We hadn't even really got ourselves out of bed yet, Luna was surprisingly chilled so I laid in bed with her watching TV whilst Max dozed on and off next to us. I could hear someone knocking at the door. At first I thought I was just imagining it as we weren't expecting anyone and usually someone would call up to say we had a visitor. Eventually I nudged Max to make him get up and see who it was, which he wasn't happy about and just grumbled as he went to check. I could kind of hear him talking to someone and from the tone of his voice I knew who it was straight away. "How did you even get up here" he said as he came back into the room rolling his eyes with Emilia waltzing in behind him with a big smile on her face ignoring him. Max got straight back into bed pulling the covers over his head. He wasn't even phased by her anymore he was so used to what she was like and quickly learnt it wasn't worth battling against it. I couldn't help but laugh, this definitely meant our quiet morning was over.
Emilia plonked herself next to me forcing me to move over. I could hear Max grumble, he definitely wasn't impressed which made it even more amusing. "We're going on a double date tonight" That caught Max's attention straight away as he popped his head out to look at her. "who the hell would put up with you long enough to date you" Max laughed. Anyone would think that they still hated each other with the way they acted sometimes "well actually" she paused for a moment to smile at me "it's Lewis" my jaw practically dropped, I was definitely not expecting that. Me and Max gave each other the same bemused look. I loved them both but they definitely weren't two people I'd naturally pair together. "Isn't he a bit old for you" she glared at him clearly not impressed by his comment. "aren't you too old to not be able to grow a full beard" I hid my face behind Luna as I tried my hardest to not to laugh. Max just glared at me. "As much as I'd love to spend the evening with you Emilia unfortunately one of us has to look after Luna" he said smugly and took Luna from me, he was definitely thinking he'd got out of it but I knew that wouldn't be the case Emilia would have thought of absolutely everything and by the way she chuckled to herself I knew I was right "I've already cleared that with Toto and Susie" she said smiling at Max with a sense of accomplishment flashing across her face. "Of course you have" Max sighed in defeat.

We took Luna to my dads and then headed back to the apartment to get ready. It was clear neither of us were particularly wanting to go anywhere but I could tell Max just wanted me to cancel by how reluctant he was to get ready. He spent hours training in the simulator avoiding it. "Please don't make me go" he muttered as he came into the bedroom as I was getting dressed. If I had to go then so did he, yes him and Lewis weren't the greatest of friends but they got on so much better now. But then that was mainly because of Luna and their shared disgust of Charles. "stop being a brat and get ready" I said to him sternly. "you know if it goes wrong with them two your stuck right in the middle" as always Max had to point out the obvious I really couldn't see them two working, they were complete opposites. Lewis was calm and had a relaxing aura about him, then there was Emilia a complete tornado that just couldn't be contained.
When we got to the restaurant I spotted Emilia and Lewis sitting together laughing and being way to touchy for my liking. For some reason it really got to me. "So how long has this been going on" i asked half way through our meal. I sounded like a parent, it even made me cringe. Max nudged me and chuckled to himself. "A few months" Lewis replied giving me a weird look. Maybe he noticed that I wasn't Particularly impressed by this latest revelation. So they'd been dating for a few months but Emilia hadn't said anything to me. I couldn't believe she would have kept this from me. "and you haven't told me" I replied as I glared at her across the table. She glared back at me, and we both seemed to be thinking the same thing. I'd kept this kind of thing from her before so I really had no right to be angry with her about it.

We continued our meal and as Lewis and Emilia started laughing and talking again Max leaned over to whisper in my ear. "Why are you being such a bitch" I quickly shot him a look, I didn't appreciate his accusation. "I'm not" I muttered back to him out of frustration. Okay maybe I was just a little bit but I didn't even know why, I couldn't help it I just really didn't like the thought of them two being together, he raised his brows put his arm round me. "I think he actually really likes her Kace" I rolled my eyes and sighed. The fact that he was supportive of them made me question if I really was just being ridiculous but the reality was he wouldn't understand, they were both my people, supporting me in different ways for as long as I could remember. If this went wrong I could potentially loose one of them. "So do we have your seal of approval" Lewis asked smiling at me. "you both seem happy" I sighed in defeat making them both laugh. Maybe I could get used to the thought of them being together and in reality they'd both dating worse people.