Trust

I put Luna back down in her crib and tried to get myself ready to go to bed but my phone kept ringing, the first time I picked it up I thought it would be Max but it was an unknown number and there was just silence on the other end of the phone. I put it down to it possibly being a wrong number but they just kept calling and calling each time I picked up it would be complete silence. In the end it clicked in my head who it was, it couldn't be anyone else but him. Charles playing his games yet again. "just leave me alone" I shouted down the phone making him hang up. I instantly regretted raising my voice because it woke Luna up, from then I knew it was going to be a long night. Susie and my dad had tried to help but it didn't work Luna just kept crying for hours on end. By the time the morning came I was completely exhausted and had barely any patience left in me.

I was pacing up and down my room trying my hardest to keep calm and try to soothe Luna but nothing was working. Then there was a knock on the door, I didn't have the time or the energy to deal with anyone right now. "What do you want" I snapped as I opened the door and saw Max was standing there, why couldn't he just leave me alone like I asked. He didn't say anything he just came towards me and took Luna out of my arms, within seconds she was quiet. I couldn't understand how he did it, he just seemed so relaxed with her when the rest of us hadn't been able to achieve anything he comes in and just like that she's silent. I started to cry and Max came over wiping the tears off of my cheeks. "Don't cry it's okay" he said sympathetically but he was the reason I was crying.

"I'm sorry" he sighed not even looking at me. "I'm hurt Max" i replied my voice cracking slightly as I tried to hold back any more tears. The truth was I was beyond hurt, I genuinely felt betrayed by my own boyfriend and best friend, they were so quick to believe Charles not even questioning it. They were meant to be the two people that would always be on side. I couldn't understand how after everything he'd done and the way he'd treated me that they would believe a word that came out of his mouth. I explained all of this to Max, but he just listened not saying a single word, surely he had something to say but it seemed like he was holding back. "You don't trust me" I muttered sitting down on the edge of the bed, I was waiting for him to tell me I was being stupid and of course he trusted me but Max just shifted uncomfortably still not saying anything. "It's not as simple as that" he finally responded. But it was as simple as that you either trust someone to be faithful or you don't. "he says I kissed him and your first thought was yeah sounds about right" surely he could see my point and understand why I was so upset about this. "what was I meant to think" he raised his voice slightly making Luna stir in his arms. "You're meant to know that I would never do anything to put us or this at risk" I paused for a moment and looked at Luna "i knew this would never work" we were both completely silent as what I said really sunk in to the both of us.