"What's wrong?" Sky asked with a low voice, so low that the sound of the conversations bubbling around them nearly consumed it.

Kalea glanced at her for a second before sighing, "What happened last night?"

Sky listened to Kalea's question before nodding, she sighed.

"You don't remember anything? Nothing at all?" She continued to ask, her brows knitting together in frustration as she stared at the older woman. Her tone dripping with disappointment.

Kalea shook her head, still missing the fact that Sky was hurt.

"All I remember is waking up in your bed. What if someone caught us?" Kalea exclaimed, of course she kept her voice down though, her main concern was always whether or not someone was listening.

Sky rolled her eyes before exhaling deeply.

"You got drunk, we went to the bridge and watched the water. I had to carry you home but couldn't find your key so I just let you sleep in my bed." Sky explained, "That's all that happened."

A humid breeze flowed around, giving a sensation that seemed to worsen the heat. Sky frowned but she quickly closed up any expression, leaving her face blank before she sped up to catch up with her peers. Leaving Kalea alone once again.

Since Kalea hadn't even been looking at Sky, she failed to catch the heart-broken expression on the woman's eyes. She'd been looking around instead, making sure no one was listening.

-XX-

As the crowd dispersed to look at the things that suited their majors, Kalea and the Religious department walked into a grand Cathedral, everyone walked off in their own group and Kalea stood alone. She stared at all the beautiful details, the many symbols that represented Jesus and she felt at home.

For some reason, church always felt the happiest when her father wasn't around.

It wasn't that Kalea despised her religion, it was how her father went about teaching it to her.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" A man said beside her, he was a bishop.

Kalea nodded, "Stunning doesn't do it justice."

"Are you a believer?" He asked.

Kalea hesitated. If she was a believer, then she would be admitting that she was an immoral being. A smudge in God's crowd. A parasite.

"What troubles you?" The old man asked, sitting down at one of the furthest towns before staring at her, waiting for her to sit beside him.

He was wearing a white robe with grey patchy hair, his skin was decorated in wrinkles and a beautiful smile graced his face.

"What do you think God thinks about homosexuality?" Kalea asked after taking a deep breath, avoiding eye contact with the old man.

"I wouldn't know. Only God knows the answer to that." The old man replied, making Kalea's heart sink, "However, I can say that Jesus walked with bandits, prostitutes and even protected a sinner."

"God doesn't want perfect beings. He just wants a kind soul who spreads his love through kind actions." The old man said simply, "That's all there is to it."

He stood up and looked at her, "Being a believer doesn't have one rigid definition. It could mean anything."

Kalea looked up with a solemn expression, "I understand. Thank you."

-XX-

After showering, Kalea slipped on some pyjamas and pulled out her Bible. She looked at it with a blank expression, feeling her heart race.

She slipped the Bible under her bed and decided that she would leave it here. It would be disrespectful to throw it in the bin but she wanted to find God in her own way. Not through her father's way, not through education's way.

On her own. If she found God, it was meant to be. If she didn't, that was all there was to it.

Sighing, she slipped into bed and watched some tv before she started fiddling with the bracelet on her wrist. She couldn't even remember buying this.

It must've been a part of last night. Deciding to ask Sky once again, Kalea pulled out her phone and sent a message to Sky only to see that it hadn't even been delivered.

Sky had blocked her.