034

Chapter Thirty-Four;
Love it

Kalea 'Ruth' Kingston New York City, New York

New York City, New York

A few months had passed and Kalea held onto Skylar's hand tightly as they heard Sky's name get called. She watched with a wide grin as her lover walked onto the stage and accepted that diploma, even from this distance, Sky still met her eyes and blew her a kiss before hurriedly getting off the stage while everyone clapped for her.

The warm sun shined brightly as they waited for every student before the crowd quickly dispersed. Skylar and Kalea waited in the parking lot as they chatted away about how proud they were of Sky. She'd finally graduated after her a tedious 4 years and she'd gotten a job in one of the best art galleries, where they'd be presenting every single piece of work that she'd ever produced and her future work too.

"You made me so proud today, sis." Skylar sighed as she pulled Sky into a tight hug, feeling tears well up as she pulled away and kissed her sister's forehead.

"You really proved them wrong and I'm so glad everything worked out the way you'd wanted it to." She continued as Sky smiled softly at her, feeling emotional because she knew exactly who Skylar was talking about.

"Thank you." Sky said lowly, watching as Skylar pulled away.

"How are we gonna celebrate?" Kalea asked with a wide grin, she did get a few stares as she held Sky's hand but she simply ignored them. She no longer taught at the University and she'd just graduated, they were doing nothing wrong.

She reached over and fixed up Sky's hair before pushing her back and snapping a few pictures of her. Sky chuckled at her partner's excitement, you'd swear that she was the one who had graduated with the way she'd been acting all day and even on the days leading up to the graduation.

"I don't feel like partying or nothing. I just wanna chill." Sky shrugged while Skylar and Kalea nodded in agreement, they could understand why she felt that way. She'd worked herself to the bone for this final assessment, which turned out to be her best creation and her inspiration had been Kalea.

Sky snaked her arm around Kalea's waist before they began walking to the car, they'd most likely go chill at Sky and Kalea's house since Skylar always complained that the fact that they had a back yard made it a better place to be in.

-XX-

"I'm so glad you've graduated." Jeremiah smiled at Sky, they were all sitting in the backyard while the meat sat on the grill and some rap played quietly in the background.

"I was so anxious that someone would catch y'all." He sighed as he held onto his chest dramatically, making Kalea and Sky chuckle at his actions.

"Wow, I'm glad you're so happy, Kalea." Michaela smiled softly, she'd come hesitantly after Kalea had invited her out of the blue. "This is a whole new step for you guys, congratulations Sky."

Kalea had realised that Michaela had always respected her, she'd never pushed the line and always ensured that Kalea was okay. Despite growing up in a very different environment, Michaela still tried her best and for Kalea, that was enough.

"A bit too happy. I'm glad they've moved in together now." Skylar rolled her eyes before sipping her cider, "They're always together like white on rice and nobody be wanting to see that." Kalea blushed as she did have Skylar constantly making fun of how attached to the hip her and Sky were.

Jeremiah got up with Sky to go stand at the grill, watching as she flipped the meat and he grabbed a plate to place the cooked meat on. They worked in comfortable silence until Jeremiah finally spoke up,

"I'm grateful for everything you've done for my cousin." His voice was low so Kalea couldn't hear him but Sky still looked at him with a surprised expression, wondering what was happening.

"Seeing Kalea with a massive smile on her face, surrounded by people who love her was something I could only dream about since I was young." Jeremiah placed the plate on the table before turning to face Sky again, "I'm glad she finally has someone who fully in her corner. Someone who loves her more than they love themselves."

Sky's eyes softened as she stared at her lover's cousin, feeling her heart warm up. She sometimes forgot the way Kalea was when they'd just met. That shy, broken and closed off woman was nothing but a shadow of who she is now.

"Don't worry about her anymore, Jeremiah." Sky patted his arm, "She's all good now."

-XX-

Kalea slipped into the bed before adjusting her bonnet to be a bit more comfortable. Everyone had left and it was only her and Sky left in their house, they were finally getting ready to sleep.

She watched with narrowed eyes as Sky walked into the room with a baggy t-shirt and some boxers. Tying up her durag, Sky's eyes trailed over Kalea's exposed body but Kalea quickly pulled the covers up to cover herself. She regularly slept with just her underwear on, no bra, no top and nothing else. Which didn't match well with Sky's high sex drive.

"Why you hiding?" Sky chuckled as she slipped under the covers, reaching over to pull Kalea into her arms but she had her back turned to her.

"If I don't hide, you're gonna make us stay up all night again." Kalea rolled her eyes, she could feel Sky's warm lips kissing her shoulders. Sky chuckled at her comment before pulling Kalea, making her face her.

"You also watched Power without me." Kalea frowned as she faced Sky, who still had a grin on her face. Reaching over to press her lips against Kalea's, Sky felt her partner melt in her embrace.

"I'm sorry, my love." Sky pulled away, feeling Kalea hum in agreement. She could smell that familiar sweet scent from Kalea as they cuddled, enjoying simply being in one another's arms.

Kalea sighed contently, "I'm so proud of you, Sky. You've come so far." She rubbed Sky's back, slipping her hand underneath Sky's t-shirt, she loved skin to skin contact too much.

"You always say I'm the one starting things but it's always you." Sky said before slipping her down under the covers.

-XX-
I'm thinking Another Love is gonna finish at Chapter 45 with 2 Epilogues. That sounds good to me :)