039

Chapter Thirty-Nine;
Tired

Sky DavisNew York City, New York

Sky Davis
New York City, New York

Sky sat up in a flash before reaching to her side only to see that she was sleeping alone, in her bedroom back in her apartment. She wiped the sweat on her forehead as she released a shaky sigh. The light of the moon seeped through her thin curtains as she stared off into the dark room.

She'd come back to this apartment because Kalea hadn't talked to her. Everyday, she ignored Sky, acting as if she wasn't around. So Sky took the hint and gave her the space that she wanted, even though it ripped her heart apart to pull away.

Kalea was right.

Skylar had come back from her discussion with Trent and decided that she did in fact want to keep the baby. They'd have shared custody and when Sky asked her twin sister if she loved Trent, Skylar stated that she did, which felt like a slap in the face.

Getting out of bed, Sky got dressed in a black tracksuits and she slipped on some sneakers before she talked out of the house, not caring that it was 4am. She had spent the last three days without Kalea and they'd felt like hell, there was no way she could keep living without her. One way or another, Sky was going to get her back.

-XX-

Using her key, she unlocked the door before shutting it gently and locking it. She took off her shoes, staring at the messy layout of the house. Shoes weren't organised, as Sky walked around the kitchen, she could see that the dishes weren't clean and the living room had its own mess. Kalea had only been alone for three days and yet the house looked as if it had been ravaged.

Sky sighed as she placed her key on the table before hurrying into the bedroom, to see that Kalea wasn't asleep. She was showering again....at 4am. Something was deeply wrong and Sky didn't know how to help since she was part of the problem.

Stripping herself bare, Sky opened the bathroom door and stepped into the steamy room. She shut the door behind her before opening the shower door and stepping inside behind Kalea's hunched over frame, it didn't take a genius to realise what she was doing. Her sobs echoed around the bathroom.

"Kalea, it's me." Sky announced softly, she didn't want to frighten her so she thought that was the best way to proceed.

Her arms snaked around Kalea's own naked form and turned her around, pulling her into a hug. They stood there as the water poured down, Sky knew her lover well enough to know that she could only comfortably cry in the shower, nowhere else. Months ago, Kalea had told her that the shower was the only privacy she had growing up, the only place she could cry. That habit followed her from childhood to adulthood.

"I'm sorry, baby." Sky pleaded, "I was wrong and I'm asking for one more chance."

Kalea wrapped her own arms around Sky's and cried into her chest, feeling her familiar body and the ache in her chest only increased in ten folds. She sank her nails into her lover's back as she held on for deal life, never wanting to leg Sky go. She'd loved the bubble that they'd created but she just couldn't do it. Everything was complicated, again.

"I'm leaving, Sky." Kalea pulled away, water running down her face. Her eyes swollen and lips stained was scars which were most likely self-inflicted. "Finish your shower and I'll talk to you afterwards."

-XX-

Kalea stared blankly at the show on the TV, she didn't even really know what she watching. She was too busy in her own thoughts as she waited for Sky to finish her shower. She could hear her lover's heavy steps and the dip on the couch as she sat beside her, causing the pitter patter in her heart to increase in speed. Until it felt as if her heart would lunge out of her throat.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Sky asked, her voice going down to a whisper as she looked at Kalea's closed off expression.

"I've accepted a job in England. It's a boarding school in a village with a beautiful beach." Kalea started, her eyes trailing up from her hands to Sky's gleaming eyes.

"It's away from everyone. It's a fresh start and it's not connected to anyone." Kalea continued, "I plan to use my father's money to fund my life. I'm planning to live for me."

"I'm tired of living in fear." She took in a sharp inhale as she shut her eyes, trying to stop herself from sobbing, "I start in three months."

Sky nodded slowly, her own tears threatening to fall as she listened carefully, blood rushing through her ears as she attempted to calm herself down. Her hands were rolled into fists, her nails sinking so deeply into her palms that they drew blood.

"You can come too." Kalea confessed quietly, "I bought two tickets, I've rented a house with enough space."

"But my art, my sister...." Sky trailed off, feeling as if a rock was lodged in her throat as Kalea quickly wiped the tears away.

"I know, Sky." She smiled sadly, "But I have nothing good here."

"Every time I think things are going great, my past haunts me once more and I'm exhausted. I want to be happy, we were happy." Kalea pleaded, taking Sky's hands into her own, ignoring the blood because she had her own injuries.

"Come with me." Kalea sobbed, staring into her only love's eyes as she begged her, then she watched as Sky pulled away.

"I'll have to think about it." Sky stated, wiping her tears away, "But please let me hug you tonight."

Kalea nodded, her lips quivering as she hugged Sky. She had no idea what Sky would say but Kalea was prepared to live with either decision. She'd survived and survived, now it was time for her to simply live.

-XX-

Okay so scenario one will be coming next chapter and scenario two will be coming afterwards.

Then I'll state which one is the one I would've went with anyway ... :)