018

Chapter Eighteen;
Innocent

Sky DavisNew York City, New York

Sky Davis
New York City, New York

"What the fuck has been going on with you?" Skylar shouted as she watched Sky pull the helmet off her head and fix up her hair.

Sky stepped off the bike, smiling at it before turning to look at her annoyed twin sister. She simply sighed before making sure the bike was tightly secured and hidden, then she began heading up the stairs of their apartment.

"Wow. So you're just gonna act like I'm not even talking to you?" Skylar exclaimed, her steps were loud and angry as she stomped up behind her sister, slamming the door behind her as they entered their apartment.

"Nothing is going on with me. I just really wanted the bike." Sky shrugged, slumping onto the couch and fiddling with the remote.

Skylar crossed her arms and stood in front of the tv. Her lips were carved down in a scowl as she glared at her sister, it seemed like Sky didn't tell her anything anymore.

"You came back from your trip looking like you'd just survived the third world war." Skylar started, "I know that I acted clueless but I heard you crying and shit, Sky."

Sky scoffed, feeling herself get embarrassed as her sister continued to talk. She didn't want to expose her 'relationship' with Kalea but she also hated lying to her sister.

"You was crying for weeks." Skylar said, her voice and expression softening up, "Now all of a sudden you've got a motorcycle and you smoke more than usual."

Sky glanced down at her thighs, feeling her eyes sting but she didn't want to admit it. She wasn't ready to admit how much she'd liked Kalea. A shaky sigh escaped her lips, pulling in Skylar's attention.

"My head's been a mess but I'm trying." Sky looked up, "I'm getting better and when I'm fully over it, I'll tell you."

Skylar nodded, feeling slightly relieved. Even though she hadn't gotten the information she'd needed, this was way more than hearing Sky sob in the shower and having to act clueless.

-XX-

Sky took a long drag from the blunt before feeling her body finally relax. Her eyes were heavy and she sighed as she felt hands wander around her body, taking off an item of clothing each time. As they continued to please Sky, she groaned, grabbing their hair and pushing them lower.

"Just like that, Kalea." Sky moaned, shutting her eyes but opening them once again when the person pulled away.

"My name's fucking Dina. Just trifling." She kissed her teeth before grabbing her stuff and storming out of the hotel room, Sky sighed and pulled her pants up.

If this wasn't possession, she didn't know what was.

She put out her blunt before putting it in her bag, then grabbing her keys and beginning to leave the hotel room. Nothing had been going according to plan lately, her art project, her sex life, her emotions too.

Everything was jumbled and she wanted to blame it all on Kalea, she really did but it was time Sky admitted to herself that she'd gotten too invested. That was what probably scared Kalea off.

Feeling groggy and disoriented, Sky sat on her motorcycle and sighed exhaustedly. She pulled on her helmet and buckled it on before beginning her journey through New York.

As she zoomed through the streets, feeling the lights flash past, Sky felt herself go faster and faster until she was going as fast as light. The wind blew roughly against her as she grinned, her eyes feeling heavy from the marijuana.

Sky felt her eyes shut slightly, or at least she thought it was for a slight second, until her bike smashed into a tree and her body was sent flying across the pavement. Her helmet shattered as she laid limp on the floor, people running over to surround her as she slowly began to lose consciousness.

What the fuck had just happened?

-XX-

"Do you know exactly what happened?" A voice asked, a low beep rang in the background before another familiar voice replied.

"They said she had weed in her system, she's got a strike on her license. To be honest, Sky's been off these past few weeks." The voice began, "she's been off since the Rome trip and that was nearly two months ago."

No reply.

"Go get changed and take a shower. I'll watch over her while you go." The other voice instructed, Sky waited until the steps faded away before her eyes fluttered open to see that she was in a hospital room.

Her eyes trailed around the room, wincing at the bright light before they adjusted. They finally stopped when they met another pair of eyes. Teary eyes filled with worry and anger. Sky wanted to speak but her throat was dry, so she simply stared, they also simply stared back.

The person moved from the corner of the room to Sky's left side, reaching over and hesitatingly holding her hand. She relished in their touch, even though her head ached and her body was in a tremendous amount of pain, but still, this made it all better.

"Why?" She asked, her voice was hoarse like she'd been screaming. Her eyes were red and watery while her clothes were basically pyjamas.

Sky stared at her with a blank expression, then she reached for the water on her side. The person hurried over and helped Sky drink the water before helping her out it away.

"I don't feel like talking." Sky replied, her voice was low and weak. "What are you even doing here?"

"You nearly died, obviously I'm going to be here!" She raised her voice slightly, exhaling in a failing attempt to compose herself.

"What if someone sees-" Sky began her question but Kalea cut her off.

"So what?" She asked, shrugging her shoulders. Sky looked at her with raised brows, she'd never expected to hear Kalea talking like that but all Sky wanted now was peace.

No more guessing.

"I like you, Sky and I'm sorry it took me months to get to a point where I can confidently say it out loud but I like you." Kalea confessed, her eyes staying completely stuck on Sky's.

Sky simply stared at her, she didn't want to go through all that again. But every-time she looked at Kalea, she'd feel that particular feeling that's she'd been chasing all these months. Only after being next Kalea could Sky confirm,

She wouldn't find the feeling anywhere else.

"I like you too, Kalea." Sky confessed.

Skylar listened from the outside, shaking her head before turning to head back home to shower. At least now she understood why Sky had been acting out, she was falling in love.

As usual, Sky had been the extreme twin when it came to emotions.