022

Chapter Twenty-Two;
Time Wasted

Sky Davis New York City, New York

Sky Davis
New York City, New York

Sky fiddled with the bracelet that Kalea had bought for her in Rome, she was waiting for Kalea in her house. She'd decided to come see her but had found that Kalea actually wasn't home, Sky had texted her asking where she was and was still waiting for a reply.

Glancing at the clock on the wall, Sky sighed when she saw it hit 1am. Her heart was heavy as she placed the dinner she'd cooked in containers and placed them in the fridge, making sure that Kalea at least had something to eat the next day. Just as she was about to walk out of the house, she heard rattling at the door, she hurried towards the entrance and watched as Kalea drunkenly stumbled into her house.

A cold breeze pushed its way into the house, making Sky's skin crawl as she caught Kalea before she fell. Her eyes trailed up from Kalea to the tall, handsome man who had been right behind her with the key in his hand. Sky could immediately tell he was wealthy, confident and the one thing she wasn't...a man.

"Awww, my Sky." Kalea mumbled drunkenly, wrapping her arms tightly around Sky and clinging on to her like white on rice.

Trent's eyes narrowed at the interaction, maybe Kalea was touchy when she was drunk. However, she hadn't been this touchy with anyone else but Sky. She hadn't even been this touchy with her closest person, Jeremiah.

"Why did you drink so much?" Sky mumbled to Kalea, rubbing her back as she took Kalea's handbag and keys from Trent and smilling at him awkwardly.

"We hadn't seen in each other in years and everyone got carried away." Trent explained, his deep voice was smooth and powerful, "I'm just glad she'll be taken care of through the night."

Sky nodded, "Yeah, thank you for bringing her back safely. She's a loose cannon when she's drunk."

Trent nodded before hesitantly leaving the house, shutting the door behind him. His chauffeur opened the door to his Mercedes while he glanced back at the door of Kalea's house, hearing as the door locked. He sighed tiredly before getting inside and driving away.

-XX-

"You really gotta learn what yo alcohol limit is." Sky grumbled as she changed Kalea's clothes, pulling off her heels and slipping her into a massive, oversized t-shirt.

She wiped Kalea's make-up off and only applied moisturiser because her whole skincare routine was too long and complicated, before she tucked her into bed. Sky made sure Kalea was sleeping on her side to make sure that if she threw up, it wouldn't choke her before she sat down on the floor. Staring worriedly at Kalea.