009

Chapter Nine;
Only I know

Kalea 'Ruth' Kingston New York City, New York

New York City, New York

Kalea and Skylar had made plans to go out to a restaurant which apparently also had a great bar. They'd decided to meet at Skylar's apartment and leave together to make it to their 9:30pm appointment. Sighing, Kalea stepped out of the taxi and began making her way up the stairs. She was dressed completely out of her comfort zone but this year was the year of changes.

She knocked on the door, quietly expecting Skylar to open the door. The door swung open but it wasn't Skylar, instead it was her twin sister. Kalea watched as Sky's eyes trailed all over her body, she suddenly felt very conscious of how she looked. Avoiding eye contact, Sky moved out of the way to let Kalea in before shutting the door.

"Skylar said she'll be ready in 10 minutes." Sky explained, "You can chill in the living room."

She led Kalea to the living room before sitting on the sofa to the right of the one Kalea sat on. Her hair was let down, as puffy and as frizzled as usual and she was only dressed in a baggy T-shirt with some sagging, black sweats.

"You look good." Sky suddenly spoke up, breaking the silence. The TV wasn't on and there was no music playing, they were just sitting on the leather sofas and Kalea was fiddling with her nails.

Her eyes shifted to Sky before she replied' "Thank you."

Kalea pulled up her green, cropped top before leaning back on the sofa. She was also wearing leather pants in the shade of a light greenish-beige. Although she wasn't a 100% sure if what she was wearing was appropriate, it was one of the most well-reviewed outfits on the app she on for outfits.

Now that she was alone with Sky in the living room, she could feel the leather pants start to stick to her skin. The girl made her nervous and Kalea was in denial as to why.

The tension was thick and heavy, nothing could lighten it. As much as they tried to hide it, both women felt it just as badly as the other. Each of them fighting every instinct in their body telling them to stare at the other, telling them to close the gap between them...telling them to cross that line.

Kalea swallowed thickly, feeling her eyes betray her as she glanced at Sky from the corner of her eyes to see that she was already staring.

"How are you finding...finding the reading?" Kalea broke the silence, her voice was low and she'd stuttered slightly. Her strong resolve was slowly crumbling as time went on. Sky could see that Kalea had been feeling the exact same thing as her, if not stronger.