027

Chapter Twenty-Seven;
Sky-fall

Kalea 'Ruth' Kingston Unknown Location

Unknown Location

"How could you just expect me to let you deal with this all alone?" Sky asked, she had one hand on the steering wheel while the other on Kalea's thigh which was covered by baggy jeans.

"Sky, you've got your finals soon. I can't expect you to do everything with me and that's fine." Kalea replied, she rested her chin in the palm of her hand as she stared out of the window while the trees disappeared. "You can be busy, I won't resent you for it."

Sky released a deep exhale before she shot a quick glance at her partner, she was the most difficult person ever. She couldn't shake this feeling that Kalea felt that she was dragging her down, that Sky would be better off away from her. This only made Sky stick closer to her, this was a tough time for her and even if she did try to push her away, Sky was going to stay beside her.

"Don't push me away, Kalea." She pleaded lowly, the quiet hum of the air conditioner was all that could be heard as warm air enveloped them, protecting them from the harsh winds of the outside.

"I'm not." Kalea spoke, "I just don't want my downfalls to drag you down as well, this is your final year and you should be focusing on that." She turned away from the window and stared at Sky as she drove, she placed her own hand on top of the hand that Sky had placed on her thigh.

"They won't." Sky replied, quickly glancing at Kalea before she focused back on the road, feeling slightly more at ease after their little discussion. "Anything to do with you won't drag me down."

-XX-

As snow plowed down, Kalea stared at the bouquets of flowers that were resting all over her front porch. She stared at the balloons, the flowers and the cars. As if a person had lost their life, as if a good person was going through a tough time. These were offerings of support.

But they weren't supporting her.

"I'll throw them out for you, if you want." Sky offered, she lugged the bags up the stairs of the front porch and stood beside Kalea as they stared down the gifts that were sprawled all over.

Kalea shook her head no in response, "I'll take them." She unlocked the door of her childhood home, pushed it wide open before she knelt down and began to pick all the gifts up and carry them into the house.

Sky could only watch with a heavy heart before she followed behind with their suitcases, she didn't know what Kalea was going to do but she couldn't only imagine the feeling of seeing gifts people left for your abuser. She shut the door behind them before locking it and walking around the house.