Route Nunber 2

Chapter Forty;
Diamond

Kalea 'Ruth' SmithUnknown Area

Kalea 'Ruth' Smith
Unknown Area

Ten years later...

Kalea checked her make up on her compact mirror before rushing around the venue to ensure that everything was perfect. This wedding had to be the best of the best, Michaela was the biggest bridezilla in the entire state, she could already see the woman having a mental breakdown.

She watched as the ocean remained a stunning blue and checked the weather forecast to ensure that there were no unexpected things before she placed the guides which would allow people to know where to sit.

The guests of the bride would sit on the left and the guests of the groom would sit on the right, Kalea ensured that the aisle was perfect before she dragged her heels through the sand, attempting to get to where the reception would be. She talked to the staff to see how the setting up and the food was coming along before she headed off to where Michaela was getting ready.

As the maid of honour, she had to make sure everything was up to her close friend's standard.

-XX-

Kalea watched as Jeremiah walked up the aisle, she clutched the bouquet in her hands tightly, feeling her palms start to become wet. Her stain, rich purple dress hugged all her curves tightly as she waited. Her dress was a darker purple than the bridesmaids to signify her position as maid-of-honour (Michaela's idea of course), she had a slit on her left side which revealed her sparkly heels that wrapped around her ankle.

Once it was her turn, Kalea took a deep breath before the doors opened and began her walk along the beach and when she finally reached the aisle, she felt all the eyes on her. She looked straight ahead until she felt that oh so familiar rush down her spine, causing her to turn to her left to see that Sky was staring directly at her.

She could only look for a second but she was sure. She could recognise those warm eyes anywhere.

-XX-

Kalea sipped the champagne idly, she stood at the very back of the hall and took a second to enjoy the alone time. She's spent the entire day running around making sure everything ran smoothly for Michaela and she wouldn't change that for the world but she was exhausted.

Speeches were done and dusted, meaning that the newlywed couple danced at the centre of the hall while everyone celebrated the union.

Kalea did feel somewhat jealous, she was a 36- year old woman, nowhere near marriage. She hadn't been in a long-term relationship in a while because she'd become obsessed with travelling and rescuing as many pets as she could afford.