016

Chapter Sixteen;
Regret

Kalea 'Ruth' Kingston New York City, New York

New York City, New York

The next morning, Kalea shot up in bed because of the slight head ache she got. She sat up before rubbing her face and then standing up from the bed, her jaw dropped when she saw a dishevelled Sky had been sleeping right next to her. They'd slept together for the whole night.

Kalea wanted to smack herself as she hurried off to the bathroom, she splashed her face with cold water, multiple times in a futile attempt to try to remember what happened last night. She couldn't even brush her teeth or do anything because everything was in her own room.

Stepping out of the bathroom, she glanced at the clock to realise that she'd woken up at 6:30 am, most people wouldn't be awake so she grabbed her purse before leaving the room. Quickly rushing to her own room, Kalea shut the door behind her.

Unaware that she'd been spotted.

-XX-

Kalea munched on some breakfast, she was eating a fruit salad. Loads of delicious fruits sliced up and coated with plain yoghurt, she ate absentmindedly, not even joining the conversation happening. She could only hear mumbles as she tried to think about how she'd ended up in her bed.

How come she didn't remember what happened last night?

Sighing, Kalea glanced around the room and noticed Sky laughing with Liberty as they ate breakfast, they seemed close. As much as Kalea was suspicious of Liberty, she envied her. She was a confident, no-bullshit woman. Someone Kalea aspired to be.

The dining area was filled with noise, conversations bounced around the room but Kalea still failed to join in. It was only when the Head of the Fine Art and Sculpture and Head of Religion announced that it was time for everyone to get ready and leave by 1pm.

The students filtered out of the room, still having conversations. Kalea watched them as she put her dishes away, still feeling stressed out by her lack of recollection. She finally left the dining area and hurried to grab her stuff before dashing down stairs and grabbed a list of what her jobs would be.

She would simply answer any questions and make sure everyone was safe, Kalea had a simple job. She brushed up her jeans, which had a baggy shirt tucked into them and began walking with the crowd, slowly but gradually, she found herself walking besides Sky.

Sky had slowed down her pace to the point where everyone had passed her and she was next to Kalea. Her expression was filled with happiness as she glanced at Kalea, who contrastingly looked stressed and frustrated.