Two

All Daciana could think about all through the rest of her classes was what Brian had to say to her after school.

She had never looked forward to the closing bell as much as she did now. She was the first to scurry out of the classroom the minute the bell rang and the teacher left.

"What's with that wench today?" Leila asked frowning.

"Maybe her old house is burning to ashes." Gina said laughing like a maniac.

"Or perhaps it already burnt to ashes." Ari another girl from their group said and they all burst out laughing.

"Hold on, wasn't she talking to my Brian today?" Leila asked.

"Yh, I saw that too." Ari said.

"You should talk to Brian, ask him what he was doing with that riffraff." Gina said.

"No, you know Brian and I broke up, he wouldn't even spare me a glance but I won't let him end up with that wench either." Leila said venom laced in her voice.

******
Brian was sitting on the stairway leading to the large baseball field. He perceived Daciana's scent and turned back to see her walking briskly towards him.

"Hey." He said.

"Brian. What were you going to say to me?" Daciana said and sat next to him.

Brian smiled at her and her heart fluttered.

He was very handsome with dark brown hair and grey eyes. She now understood why he was this good looking.

"So what pack are you from?" He asked snapping her from her thoughts.

"I... I don't belong to a pack." She frowned as she looked down.

Brian looked surprised.

"Then you're a rogue?" He asked.

"No, I mean, I was abandoned by my pack many years ago so I've been living as a human." She said, her voice now breaking as she felt like crying.

The topic of her pack always left her in a crying mess.

"Am sorry about that, I didn't mean to bring up your hurtful past." Brian said genuinely worried.

"It's alright, you didn't know." She said as she breathed in and out trying to control her emotions.

"How about you?" She asked once she was settled.

"Well, am the future Beta of Brink stone pack. It's not too far away from here. I decided to experience the human life before I become Beta. But once we graduate, am going back to claim the Beta title." Brian said smiling.

"Lucky you." Daciana said sadly.

"How about you join my pack." Brian said smiling.

"What? No." Daciana said abruptly.

"Why not? I mean it would be great on your path. You'll finally have a pack and could even meet your mate." Brian said some how uncertain of the last part. It was almost as if he didn't want her to find her mate.

Daciana stared at him for a while before standing.

"Thanks Brian, I'll think about it." She said.

Brian smiled at her reply and also stood up.

"Let me have your number so we can stay in touch." He said.

"That isn't necessary, we would see each other in school every day plus I don't have a phone." Daciana said.

"Okay. How didn't I know you were a werewolf? Did you just turn Eighteen?" He asked.

"I turned Eighteen four months ago." Daciana said also wondering the same. "You?"

"Am going to nineteen this July." He said. "When's your birthday?"

"September 7." Daciana replied.

"I'll keep that in mind." Brian said smiling. He waved at her and walked away.

Daciana smiled. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to join Brian's pack. But what about her mother? She couldn't leave her here all alone.

She walked home and saw her mother heading her way.

"Hi mom!" She said as she ran to hug her.

"Oh my beautiful daughter. How was school today?" Maria asked.

"Okay mum. I met a werewolf today mum." Daciana said softly to have Maria widen her eyes at her. She pulled her to their house and once they were inside, she locked the door and they both sat on the only available couch in the small living room.

"What? Where? How?" Maria asked looking surprised at the same time excited. She always wanted her dear daughter to meet one of her kind, one that could make her join a pack again.

"Hold on mom, you sound so excited." Daciana giggled at her mother's behavior.

"He's Brian from my school. He is the future Beta of Brink stone pack." Daciana said.

"Really? Wow, that's just great!" Maria exclaimed.

"Mum, he wants me to join his pack, he'll be leaving after graduation and he wants me to come with him." Daciana said solemnly.

"That's great Ciana!" Maria said happily.

"But mom, I don't want to leave you, ever." Daciana said.

"Rubbish, I took you in not to keep you by my side forever, I want what's best for you and I know belonging to a pack is the best for you." Maria said as she wiped the tears that had started flowing from Daciana's eyes.

"I love you mum, so much. Thank you so much mum for everything." Daciana said crying uncontrollably. Maria enveloped her in a hug patting her back gently.

"I love you too, and there's no need to worry about me. Once you leave after graduation, I'll go and stay with my sister in Paris. She has been urging me to come and now's the perfect chance." Maria said.

"You sound so eager to be getting rid of me." Daciana said playfully making Maria chuckle.

"As if, I'd miss you a lot after all you've been in my life for thirteen years." Maria said.

"Mum, I'll always come and visit you, anywhere you are in this world." Daciana said as she pulled from the hug.

"And I'll always await you my dear child. Now that we have three months left together, we should make the most out of it don't you think?" Maria asked and Daciana nodded, giggling.