Twenty Two

Landa's Pov

I was watching my son Lucas training with some wolfs. The Alpha, Phil who was also like a son to me because I raised him when his mother died three years after he was born, walked up to me.

"Aunt Landa. You have to meet a guest." He said smiling at me.

"Who is it?" I asked because he'd only ask me to meet a special guest.

"Alpha Alexander." He replied. I understood then why he wanted me to meet him.

Alpha Alexander had the biggest pack in the whole of America and he was well known by all packs.

He was a very important person and dangerous too.

I went with Phil along with Lucas. We saw my husband, Derrick on the way and we all went to the living room.

We got to the living room and exchanged greetings with Alpha Alexander and his Gamma.

Phil asked him about the whereabouts of his Luna, Beta and daughter and as he was replying, a little girl ran up to him.

For a fleeting moment I thought she was my daughter Daciana because she looked exactly like her but then I snapped back to reality.

My daughter would be a full grown woman by now. My heart ached at the thought of my daughter.

Just then the last person I was expecting to see walked in.

My daughter, Daciana. She was all grown up but I knew she was my daughter. She had the sweetest smile on her face and she laughed at whatever the man beside her whispered to her.

At that moment she looked at me and then at Derrick.

"Mom, Dad." she muttered with a blank expression. She walked towards us and carried the little girl which I supposed was her daughter and said something to Phil which I didn't hear because I was in a daze.

She walked outside with Alpha Alexander's Gamma and the guy who came in with her following after her. Tears filled my eyes as I watched them leave.

I didn't know why I wasn't moving or saying anything but I soon regained myself.

"Our daughter, we found our daughter." I said and ran out. I didn't know why but I felt they'll be at the backyard so I went there.

My daughter was seated there on the bench with the two guys who went after her.

"Daciana." I called and she glared at me. The eyes that only ever looked at me with love now gave me the most venomous look.

I felt tears pour down my face and I didn't care.

"My daughter, my baby." I continued sobbing now.

"Am not your daughter! My mother's in Paris!
I don't know you!" She yelled at me. I felt my heart shattering into a million pieces.

Was she talking of her adoptive mother? She was adopted after all? Has she been well taken care of? These were the questions that filled my head at that very moment.

I noticed she was feeling tired as she was leaning onto one of the guys but I went on anyway.

"I know you're mad at me because your dad and I left you in that orphanage, but please let me explain." I was saying before she cut me off.

"I don't need your explanation, as a matter of fact you have no right to justify yourself." She said. I was going to say something when Alpha Alexander came with the others.

He ran towards her and told Phil he wanted to take her home but Phil convinced him to let her stay here.

I was crying because I felt useless. My daughter hated me and it was my fault. Derrick was trying to console me but I couldn't stop crying.

Daciana was taken to a guest room and the pack doctor was called. I sat in the room with Derrick while the others had left.

The doctor said something to them before leaving too.

Alpha Alexander was beside her talking to her. They were ignoring us completely before we walked towards them and Derrick asked Alex to give us some time with Daciana.

He was reluctant but after Daciana nodded at him, he left after warning us. I couldn't blame him. Daciana was his mate and we were like Daciana's worst enemies right now.

I sat at Alex's previous position and held Daciana's hand. She instantly removed her hand from mine and faced the opposite side of me. My heart was breaking every minute.

Derrick called her and surprisingly she answered by looking at him. He told her to give him a chance to explain which she replied coldly to.

"Your mother and I never abandoned you." Derrick said. She frowned at that but didn't say anything. I really hoped she'd not interrupt and just listen.

"We had to leave you at that orphanage for your own safety." Derrick said again.

I held her hand again wanting her to look at me but she didn't. She didn't try to jerk her hand from my grip either which made me feel relieved.

"It was important we left you there because if we hadn't, you'd be dead by now." Derrick just continued and I stared at my daughter.

"Why?" She asked.

I decided to answer that question.

"The previous Alpha, Phil's Father was going to sacrifice you to end the drought that came upon our pack back then." I paused and observed her confused and shocked expression. I rubbed her palm gently and continued.

"There was this old witch who met with Phil's father and convinced him that the only way to end the one year drought was to sacrifice the Beta's daughter.

We couldn't let our daughter be used as sacrifice so we took you to the human world a week before the ritual." I concluded.

She finally looked at me and asked.

"Didn't Phil's Dad punish you guys for hiding me?"

"We lied to him that you were killed by rouges while playing and accidentally stepped out of our pack's border." Derrick answered her question.

She looked at him and then at her hands.

"Thank you." She said.