Twelve

Dedicated to Yoda006

Later at night while Alex was taking a shower, Daciana dialed her mom's number. After the fifth ring, Maria picked the phone.

"Hi pumpkin!" She yelled over the phone, excitement clear in her voice.

Daciana had missed that voice which she had heard for 13 years. The same voice that sang her to sleep and only ever said sweet words to her.

"Hi mum. How are you?" She asked.

"I miss you other than that am okay. Your Aunt Marceline has been taking really good care of me. I feel like a spoilt brat living here." Maria said and laughed.

Daciana couldn't help but laugh with her. Her mom really had a good sense of humor.

"So how's the pack treating you? Are you okay there?" Maria asked.

"Yes Mum, am really happy here-"

"Baby is that your mum?" Alex asked cutting Daciana short.

"Yes." Daciana replied taking the phone from her ear. She still hasn't told her mom about Alex and she didn't know how to come about it.

For sure her mom would be ecstatic after all she had always wanted her to find her mate.

"Who's that pumpkin?" Maria asked and Daciana put the phone back on her ear.

"Can I talk to her?" Alex asked ignoring Daciana's signals for him to be quiet.

"No Mom." She said abruptly. "No." She said to Alex who raised an eyebrow at her.

"Am very sure I heard a male voice. Some one's there with you right? Hold on is he your mate? You found your mate?!" Maria kept on rambling over the phone.

Alex had come to sit beside Daciana on the bed wanting to talk to her mother.

"Yes Mum." Daciana said smiling. Even though she didn't tell her Mum, she was going to find out somehow.

She couldn't keep secrets from her Mum because her Mum was very quick witted when it came to things like that and could sense her lying just through her voice.

"Oh my gosh! Pumpkin am so happy for you. Give him the phone, I want to speak to him." Maria said and Daciana could imagine her face right now, she'd be all smiles.

"Hi Mum." Alex said grinning as Daciana handed him the phone.

"Hey there. You have such a nice voice, I can already imagine how handsome you look." Maria said making him grin wider.

"Of course. The moon goddess chose the perfect mate for your daughter." Alex said smiling at Daciana. Daciana smiled back at him.

"Tell me about yourself son." Maria asked eagerly.

"Am the Alpha of Brink stone pack and your daughter's my Luna." Alex said simply.

If Maria was happy before now she was bursting with Joy. Not only had her daughter found her mate but he was also an Alpha. She was very happy knowing her daughter will be safe with someone high in rank and she'll also live a comfortable life.

"Am so glad son. I know you'll take good care of my Ciana." Maria said.

"Of course Mom, you have nothing to worry about. Daciana's like a rare gem in my life and I'll forever cherish her." Alex said looking at Daciana with loving eyes.

"Okay son. I hope for you two to always be happy. I have to go now, bye." Maria said.

"Okay mum, have a good night." Alex said smiling.

"Okay dear but it's very early in the morning here." Maria said chuckling lightly. Alex laughed and hung up.

"Your mum is great." Alex said smiling at Daciana.

"Of course she is." She replied and hugged him.

"Let's go for a run tommorrow." He said. Daciana had only let her wolf out a few times back at her old room but she had never gone for a run in fear of the humans seeing her.

"Okay." She replied smiling.

They both went to sleep in each other's arm.

The next morning, they took a bath and had breakfast. They strode out of the house and into the large compound.

Daciana couldn't get enough of the beautiful garden. She could see images of their future pups running around the garden.

They walked out of the compound and Daciana looked around. They were surrounded by a huge forest.

"Nice right? There are lots of Artificial Forests made around the pack because this land was surrounded with actual forest that had wild animals.

It was dangerous especially for little pups so my great grandfather had the forest burnt to the core. The animals died and artificial forest were made from time to time." Alex explained.

"Okay." Daciana said and they walked into the forest. It really was beautiful. She wondered how many months it took to build this forest.

They took off their clothes and shifted into their wolves.

Daciana's wolf was white while Alex's was black. It was a perfect pair.

Daciana admired his wolf. It was as tall as her standing in her human form. It really was beautiful and screamed power.

They both ran miles around the forest and when Alex felt the sun coming high in the sky, he decided it was time to go inside.

They shifted back to their human form and wore their clothes before heading back inside.

Daciana's wolf felt really happy after the run.

They were now in the kitchen, Alex cooking and Daciana watching him. The doorbell rang and Daciana went to open the door.

"Good afternoon Luna." A young man with brown hair and green eyes greeted. He was really handsome. Did people in this pack have a thing with good looks? Daciana thought to herself.

"Hi." She said waving awkwardly. She wasn't sure who he was or if she was to let him in. Just then Alex walked up to them.

"Hi Drake." He said casually and Drake bowed respectfully.

"Why are you both just standing there? Come in." Alex said and Daciana went inside, Drake following after.

"How was the meeting with the Barkin's Alpha?" Alex asked taking off the apron to put on his shirt.

"Stressful but he signed the treaty anyway." Drake replied sitting on the couch. Daciana was sitting by the kitchen table, listening to their conversation.

Alex was done cooking before Drake came in but she decided to wait for Alex so they could eat together.

"He refused at first saying he wants you to sign the peace treaty yourself as you're the Alpha but after much persuasion from me, he eventually signed it." Drake said to Alex who was sitting opposite him.

"Alright, we should talk about this some other time." Alex said and walked towards the kitchen.