Thirteen

Alex dished out food for himself and Daciana.

"Would you like to eat? I cooked myself." Alex said turning to Drake who was now watching TV.

"Last time I went home with a severe diarrhea. So I'll pass." Drake said making Daciana laugh.

"Do you agree with him? I mean you've been eating my meals and you're quite fine with it." Alex said, narrowing his eyes at Daciana.

"Of course not." Daciana said stifling another laugh. Drake abandoned the TV and walked into the kitchen, sitting next to Daciana.

"Luna do you really like his cooking?" Drake asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's nice." Daciana said defending her mate.

"See Drake? Even Brian enjoys my cooking. You are the only one who's wierd." Alex said placing two plates on the table.

Drake shrugged and went to the pot to dish out food for himself.

"So much for getting diarrhea uhn." Alex scoffed eating his meal. Daciana watched the friends amusingly.

She later learnt Drake was his Gamma and childhood friend. They grew up together along with Brian and they were all inseparable.

The days were going by quickly with Daciana learning things about the pack from Amina and Shirley everyday.

She had started training with Shirley on weekends and was getting better with swordsmanship.

She called her mother everyday. She was now really close with Sarah and Gina who came by everyday.

Alex was always doing pack business and she only saw him at night when he returned. Sometimes who took the day off to spend time with her.

It was a day to Daciana's Nineteenth birthday and Brian, Shirley, Drake and Alex were preparing a surprise party for her.

Alex left the house early in the morning and Daciana was slightly disappointed she didn't get to see her mate that morning.

She went downstairs and saw Sarah and Gina cleaning.

"Good morning Luna, would you like to go shopping with us today?" Sarah asked.

Daciana liked the idea so she agreed. Unknown to her that Alex had asked Sarah and Gina to keep her out of the house till late night.

They went shopping and Alex and the others got to work. Shirley and Brian decorated the house, Drake inflated the balloons and Alex wrapped the gifts.

Amina, Luke and Marco were also present. Amina was baking a cake with Luke assisting her while Marco joined Alex with wrapping the gifts.

After shopping, Sarah and Gina took Daciana on a tour around the pack. Daciana was enjoying their company so she didn't complain.

By evening, Daciana was getting tired and insisted they head home but they refused and took her to a cinema.

They watched a two hour movie and Gina insisted they watch another one.

By 11pm, Daciana was really tired and worried that Alex may be looking for her. She really wanted to go home now but Sarah and Gina had taken her to an arcade.

They were now playing video games and winning toys.

When it was 11:45pm, Sarah and Gina decided it was time to go. They left the arcade with a very tired Daciana and went home.

When they got home, Daciana was confused as to why the house was eerily quite and all the lights were turned off.

Gina and Sarah smiled at each other knowingly.

Daciana placed the shopping bags and toys they won at the arcade down and turned on the light.

She was too exhausted to even notice the decorations around the house and just then, everyone started coming out of their hiding places yelling surprise.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you!" They all sang clapping their hands, even Sarah and Gina had joined in singing.

Daciana felt her eyes watering. It was just then she looked around to notice the beautiful decorations.

She had never felt more loved than this. Alex walked towards her holding the two layer cake his mom had baked.

"Happy birthday Baby." He said and pecked her lips.

"Thank you all so much." Daciana said blinking back the tears that were threatening to fall.

One by one, they hugged her, wishing her a happy birthday and presenting their gifts. Alex made her blow out the candles from the cake and make a wish.

She shut her eyes and wished for herself and her mate and everyone around her to always be happy.

They were all eating and laughing, everyone seemed happy. She did a video call with her mum who was happy for her on her special day.

For the past thirteen years, she only had her. They didn't have money to throw a party or even bake a cake. But having her mother was just enough for her.

When it was 2am, they all started leaving for their homes, giving her a hug as they left.

"Now I know why you both had me out all day." Daciana said to Sarah and Gina who laughed lightly.

"Did you like the surprise?" Alex asked when they were in their room. Daciana was unwrapping her gifts, loving each one she got.

"Yeah. It was the best surprise have ever had in my life." She said truthfully.

"Second." Alex interjected. Daciana raised an eyebrow at him.

"Me been your mate is the first." Alex said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Daciana giggled and Alex took her into his arms.

He kissed her forehead and then her lips.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me." Daciana said leaning into his chest, the most comfortable place she'd ever want to be in.