Chapter 20-Picnic

Unedited

"Should we go for a picnic today?"Pete asked,"Will that be okay Rain?"

"Yes,"I replied without any hesitation moreover I love picnics so much.

"It's decided,get ready everyone we'll be heading out in an hour,"Pete said getting up.

"Pa you didn't even ask if pa and I were okay with it,"Venice nagged.

"Are you not okay with it love?"Pete asked sarcastically

"No, I'm okay with it pa,"He responded while looking down playing with his fingers.

"And you?"

"Whatever you say love, you're right,"Vegas replied.

"It's all settled then, Rain let's go,"He said as he grabbed my hands and left the room.

I could see the look in Vegas and Venice's eyes they were happy and confused at the same time.Why did they have that mixed reaction?

Venice pov

"Pa am I his son or Rain?"

"You know your dad,"He responded with a reassuring smile.

"It's been long since Pa asked us to go out for a picnic after the last incident,will he be okay?"I asked.

When I was 15 we went out for a family picnic but we were attacked by a rival gang.we lost one of our good men who was so close to Pete,Sammy.He was like a father to him.Since then whenever we wanna go out for picnics he always turns us down.It's been years and now out of the blues he wanna reignite the old tradition.Should we be happy or worried that this event may open up his old wounds?

"He knows what he's doing,"Vegas responded,"If this will make him happy then it's okay furthermore looks like he already approved of Rain as his son-in-law shouldn't you be happier?"

"About that pa,What do you think of Rain?"

"Though I've only met him twice he's a good one,you two are a perfect match."

"Thank you pa."

"And he's the only one my son listens to without asking questions so..."Vegas said smiling.

"Paaa..."

He took my hands and looked into my eyes then said,"I'm so glad that finally you've found someone who makes you happy, someone who brings the best out of you,someone who loves you despite your background, someone who's ready to stand besides you through thick and thin, someone who accepts you for who you are,I'm happy for you son."

"Thank you pa..."I broke out as I gave him a hug.

"Your happiness is our priority son,"he said patting my head softly.

"I love you pa."

"I love you too Venice."

"Let's go and get ready before your dad starts nagging us,"He said laughing as he got up.

I got to our bedroom where I found Rain busy picking out our outfits.

"Heeeey,"I said heading for his waist giving him a back hug

"Hey,So which one between this?

"Mmhh...The yellow one"

"No I prefer the blue one but thanks for your opinion,"He said while rushing back to the closet.

"Why were you seeking for my opinion then,"I murmured.

"I heard you,"He shouted from the closet.

"Are you superman or something?"I whispered under my breathe

"I heard that too."