We Didn't Have Enough Time - Part 2

This is part 2 (as promised) of the fanfic just above this^ better read it first :>... Post-season 5 setting and your comments and thoughts would be appreciated.

-

Melinda smiled at him, then stared at him for a moment, she tried to memorize every wrinkle he had– laugh lines as he calls them, she tried to memorize the color of his eyes, which she will never see again once they closed forever. She immediately brushed the thought of losing him and stood up.

"Alright first we need to unpack," she said while bending to give him a peck

"Ughh" Coulson groaned but he was smiling, he'll never get tired of the kisses, he always forgets, they are finally doing those things now. Against his will, he stood up and followed May to unpack.

Later on, they heard the door to their cabin open revealing Daisy, so they finished the last bit of unpacking and went to greet Daisy

"Hi, guys, I'm back!" Daisy said placing all she bought on the kitchen counter and throwing the half-empty tea paper cup in the trash bin

"Hey, you're home early? how's shopping?" Coulson greeted. 'Home' Daisy thought.
When Coulson said that, it sounds so domestic, so normal, and homey. In one word she felt like she wanted to hug her pseudo-parents and never let go and just stay here doing whatever normal family does, like dinners or movie marathons or building a white picket fence, gardening, or maybe getting a dog. Meanwhile, May's reply pulled Daisy out of her trance.

"Well, looks like she enjoyed herself" May smirked seeing the 3 paper bags on the counter

"I didn't want to miss dinner" Daisy replied

"May, could you make me the tea you always make?" She requested

"Why? wants wrong with that tea" May questioned, pointing to the trash bin

"It's not how YOU do it" Daisy beamed sitting on the counter

May make her way to the kitchen and started to make her tea while Coulson assisted her by getting the cup. Daisy followed their every move, If people don't know any better they would think she was trying to study how May makes her tea, but no, she was trying to memorize this moment, like how they moved in sync, just so perfectly matched. And there it was again the wave of warmth– domesticity and comfort. It felt like everything that a home should be– something that she never felt before after getting passed from foster home to foster home, but right now it doesn't matter because she found them, she found where she perfectly fits and loved (more like they found her- specifically in a van, anyhow, same thing). God, how she wants to capture this moment, maybe put it in a jar where the warmth can never go away and where she can open it from time to time whenever she feels so lonely.

Shortly after, May touched her thighs to get her attention and gave her the tea. She looked at her little girl's (that is not so little anymore) face and smiled to give her comfort. May know being here is not easy for Daisy especially knowing it will come to an end, and the end is not gonna be painless, so she promised to provide her comfort through this, she promised to look out for her, make sure she is feeling good as she can be.

"Here you go, Get ready after you drink, we're going out for dinner," May said and went to her and Coulson's room to get ready herself.

Daisy glanced at Coulson and he reflected the same confused but curious look. They didn't know May booked a restaurant on the island, this may be the first time they'll go out for dinner without any intention of spying on someone or something.

"Where do you think we're going?" She asked him

"You know what, I do not know, but definitely not on a yacht"