Family Issues

Ficlet/FlashFic!  What if Daisy got angry when May left

-

Melinda May was at Sun City, Arizona- taking care of her father when she heard the news. Jemma Simmons was missing. She felt regret at first, she regrets that she left, that she wasn't there to protect them. It made her think; did she really need to leave? She barely managed to put herself together when Coulson thought she was Hydra or when he was going insane. Is getting soft for those kids and caring too much an enough reason to leave?

However one of her kids is missing, she needs to do something, she needs to go back.

She can feel the eerie aura of the base as she walks through the hallway, she enters the common area where Fitz, Daisy, and Coulson are standing

"What happened" May firmly said

"I was- Jemma and I, we were talking-"

"Fitz was flirting with Jemma and opened the containment box and when he left the rock swallowed Jemma" Daisy blurted out

Fitz buried his face in his hand, trying not to cry again as he remembers what has he done

"Skye!" May rebuked

"It's Daisy."

"Daisy, you didn't have to say it like that!"

Daisy just rolled her eyes and gave May a 'whatever' look

"Next time you look at me like that I will poke your eyes out!"

"May!" Coulson shouted defending Daisy but May continued talking to her

"And what were you doing when that thing took Jemma? Because you're a little insensitive here. It's like you don't care what Fitz's feeling or you don't care about Jem-"

"I CARE! I CARE SO DAMN MUCH BECAUSE SHE'S LIKE A SISTER TO ME! YOU DON'T GET TO QUESTION ME OR US, OR WHAT WE WERE DOING OR WHAT WE WERE FEELING! BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT HERE. YOU LEFT! SO YOU DON'T GET TO TELL ME THAT I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I'M NOT THE ONE WHO RUN AWAY" Daisy stormed out of the room.

Coulson didn't know whom to comfort first, he himself was so worried and tired, the issue with May leaving is not helping to find Jemma. The rest of the day was blurry either because of exhaustion or the unshed tears in everyone's eyes. Despite all the misunderstanding, everyone would help to bring Jemma home, they are family after all.

"They could've just shown May the CCTV footage of what happened," Bobbi said to Mack

"Yeah, but Families need to discuss their issues sometimes. It's like divorce and the possibility of losing a child or a sibling"

"Exactly, whatever 'relationship' those five have is a liability. It's either gonna save the world or the reason we all die"

"Just like what I said 'Family'"