We Didnt Have Enough Time

This is not too long or too evenful just a little something to celebrate 17.1k reads! I didn't expect this to have reads or votes that high! But thank youuu, I appreciate it SO muchhh, and its always making my day (makes me feel like im doing something right haha!). S5 spoilers

-

Part 1

"I left you something in your bunk, it's a letter, nothing fancy says how proud I am of you" Daisy nods as Coulson bid him goodbye. Her eyes are blurry as tears start to build up. She nods to his words even though a part of her still couldn't believe that this is happening, that she is losing him, she kept saying 'no just please no' in her mind that maybe if she repeats it a little more it could stop him dying.

"I am so proud" she felt her tears are about to escape so she decided to hug him tightly as possible, as if- if she held him tighter maybe she won't lose him, maybe he can stay.

"I love you" Daisy managed to sniffle

"I love you too" it may be the first time he said it out loud but it isn't the first time she felt it from him- the love of a father that she was longing for. It's the first time they said I love yous and yet there's a part of them that always knew.
She didn't want to but she loosen her grip, and so did Coulson.

"And...uh... thanks for the spaceship," she said distracting herself from thinking she has to let go.

"Yeah, don't mention it" he replied, Daisy did her best not to stop Coulson from going while he looks at her- his once little, flower for one last time, he then walk past her lifting his bag, opening the ramp and walking to the sand with every step thinking about what he's leaving behind. Coulson looked behind his shoulder looking at his team feeling quite proud.

Daisy sat on the co-pilot sit with a heavy heart her mind still saying no. No please no, her eyes started to glisten again. The zephyr's engine roared and she felt the plane lift, she knew the moment this plane reached the sky, she will never see him again. No, she can't do this not now, not yet. She jumped in her sit, running to the ramp

"Daisy!" Jemma shouted- confused, Daisy looked back, and when their eyes Jemma knew, she nodded.

Daisy jumped out of the plane and run towards Coulson and May, the surprised look is evident on their faces. Daisy technically jumped to Coulson.

"No, not yet, please," She said. Coulson looked at May and she nods

"I want to stay with you two" she continued.

She and May already had this conversation, they agreed on May staying on Coulson's side until his last breath because May was worried that seeing Coulson go like that would be too much for Daisy. However, right now, Daisy doesn't care, she wanted to be here, with them, she wanted to be there for May as she whips on the floor when Coulson's time is up. She wanted to share that grief with May- the closest person she ever had as a mum. She knows May and Coulson need time alone, and she's cool with that, she'll give them time together- just them, but she also wants to be just one call away.

May rubbed Daisy's back and just as she was expecting one more person was running towards them, Jemma.

"Daisy wants to stay. I- I just want to get a final hug" Jemma sniffled. For a moment there, the four of them just held each other. It was almost perfect but someone was missing.

"Find Fitz for me, okay?" Coulson said kissing her forehead. Jemma nods, wiped her tears, and went back to the Zephyr.

Coulson held May's hand and wraps his other arm around Daisy's shoulder while they lean into his shoulder. They watched the zephyr go. Daisy also let go of her breath she wasn't aware she was holding, she closed her eyes knowing she is where she wanted to be- home. And tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

"Daisy can borrow a couple of my shirts so she won't always have to wear a Tahiti shirt" May teased

"Yeah but I still need to buy some pants cause yours gonna be too short for me" Daisy retorted

"Oh it's on" May squints her eyes

"But seriously though why Tahiti? After all of what happened" Daisy asked

"What can I say Tahiti is A Magical Place" Coulson answered

"Ugh enough of that line, you're supposed to be traumatized by that!" The three of them laughed it off.

Then there was silence, but not the scary type not the lonely type, but, the one that is calming. A silence just so they can feel and know that they are with each other.

Daisy stood up.

"Well, I'm going to look around, see if I can buy some things, clothes toothbrush, whatever"

"You sure you don't want me to come with you?" Coulson asked

"No, no, do your lovey-dovey catching up" Daisy smirked

Coulson then reached into his pocket for his wallet and gave Daisy a two-hundred dollars

"That enough?" Coulson said. Daisy stared at the money and grabbed it

"Yep! Thanks, Dad!" Daisy continued to tease. Coulson smiled, it felt normal, domestic, something that he's wondering to feel. May scoffed, shaking her head, and smiling.

Daisy closed the door behind her and felt a slight tightness in her chest- fear that something might happen and when the time she comes back she'll regret that she left. However, she brushed the thought off and continue shopping for something that would help her get comfortable on this island.

Going back to May and Coulson that are already sitting on the couch, trying to navigate this first vacation they had in a VERY long time.

"So?..." May turned her head to Coulson

"I don't know it felt so light I could float, I got used to the dark eerie ambiance of the past year," Coulson said

"How did we get here?"

"We have come so far"

"Yet it feels not far enough now that we're losing you"

"It's enough, Mel, and you're not losing me" He assured her but received a 'don't sugarcoat it' glare from May

"We agreed to not talk about it, and especially now with Daisy, we're here to have fun! Do you think Daisy already watched Star Wars? Or there are Water Activities, eh?" Coulson redirected

-

Might update part 2 of their tahiti family adventure after exams! This has been a hectic school year, phew!