Wriggling his arms from the hands that were currently clamped on them Harry began to pull with all of his might and kick out when Quirrell would attempt to come closer. He needed to move now! Right now!

With a snarl of rage Quirrel finally managed to gain enough leverage and throw Harry onto the floor in front of the mirror so that he was standing between Harry's now prone form and the doorway and Harry could feel himself relax ever so slightly.

The curse was once again cast on Harry, his already abused vocal cords once again working to express the agony that he felt but this time it seemed to be far worse than before as he had used up his remaining strength to fight mere moments before. The spell seemed to last for hours but Harry knew that it couldn't have been more than a few minutes at most.

A mixed sob of relief and pain made its way past his lips as tears finally began to spill from his eyes and Harry's world began to grow darker.

Vaguely, as though from a distance Harry was able to tell that the room was shaking, dust and bits of the ceiling falling down onto the floor below, covering the rooms occupants with a thin covering before, in the space of a single second, everything exploded.

Harry could feel his body being thrown backwards and into the base of the mirror though it did not truly feel like his own body.

As the darkness finally consumed him he could hear a voice that both soothed his soul to hear but brought him more pain at the anguish that it contained calling out to him…

Albus Dumbledore arrived at the once great manor which belonged to Gellert Grindelwald, at one time he had been happy within these walls, deliriously so in fact. How stupid he had been, a silly little boy who had been in 'love'. Hah!

Well he had gotten a brutal wake up call about that didn't he?

Though, he did get his revenge on his dear Gellert didn't he? Now Gellert was locked up in Normungard, and Albus was hailed as the hero that they had both wanted to be.

Albus could still remember those days as though it were just yesterday, Gellert had drawn the public's attentions toward himself with his shows of power and magic while Albus would work in the shadows manipulating the laws and twisting how witches and wizards viewed certain creatures and practices with hardly any opposition.

Yes, their plans were working perfectly and Albus had been looking forward to ruling the world at Gellerts side… At least until that night.

May of 1945 is when Dumbledore's perfect world collapsed. When he arrived at the manor to surprise Gellert he had instead played witness to his lover being with another.

Of course Albus couldn't stand for that. No, instead he played along with Gellerts lies until the perfect opportunity presented itself and he struck.

Within a few minutes Gellert was stunned and bound and three hours later Albus was being hailed as a hero and Gellert was imprisoned within Normungard and allowed no visitors by magic herself, or so everyone thought.

No, Albus quite enjoyed having Gellert reliant on him. It was through his mercy alone that the man was still alive. Albus would go once a week to visit the fool, bringing a small parcel of food and various necessities he deemed to give Gellert and reveled in the subservient behavior that Gellert had gained over the years.

Shaking himself out of his thoughts Dumbledore quickly drew his wand and walked through the wards of the manor where he was quickly greeted with the arrival of several house elves.

"What is you's doing here!?" One of the elves managed to growl out, its voice raspy with age.

Albus couldn't help but smirk as he fingered his wand. It would be only too easy to kill these pitiful creatures, after all, their true master had ordered them to do whatever he commanded.