09 - Spying

The next school day, I drove myself to school. I woke up a little early so when I arrived at school, the halls were still empty.

I started to walk around the school. I walked to the field in hope of finding a soccer ball.

I arrived at the gates and I noticed that it was open. Someone must have arrived before me. I slowly walked inside the field.

When I entered, I looked around. I saw two figures sitting on the bleachers. Who could be this early anyway?

I squinted my eyes and looked closer, I saw that it was Jace and...

Suddenly, someone grabbed me and dragged me. It was Zylen.

"What are you doing?" I told him.

"What are you doing?" He repeated my question.

"I was trying to find a soccer ball."

"Is that all?" He asked. I nod.

"Did you see? Did you see Jace and Vanessa?"

"What?! Jace is with Vanessa?" I exclaimed.

"Shush woman! They'll hear you!" He whispered.

"Sorry. Anyway, he's with Vanessa?" I asked.

"Yep, they even went to school together." He replied.

What? I felt my throat tighten and I felt like I was suffocating.

"Are you stalking Jace?" I asked, my tone sounded more like an accusation rather than a question.

"I got curious okay? I mean, they were never this close right?" He said and pointed at Jace and Vanessa.

I nod in agreement. "We met her last Saturday. At first, I thought she was harmless, but then she started acting like a clingy girlfriend. Except that she isn't his girlfriend." I told Zylen.

"Ohh, I see." Zylen says and rubs his jawline, just like in those detective movies.

"Zy, you better not do anything reckless." I warned him.

"No, of course not. I'm just gonna do some stuff." He smiled a mischievous smile.

I just sighed. "I will be supervising you with this stuff of yours." I said and used air quotes on the word 'stuff'.

He laughed and said, "Sure, whatever."

"I'll go ahead." I said and walked towards Jace and Vanessa.

As I walked towards them I waved my hand. Jace waved back and stood up. He started walking towards me. Vanessa also stood up and followed Jace.

"Where's Chase?" I asked.

"He fetched his bitch for the week." Jace said and rolled his eyes.

I laughed. "So what are you guys doing here?" I asked the two of them.

"Oh, I just bumped into Jace then I decided to stay with him since he was alone." Vanessa smiled.

"Ohh." I replied and smiled back.

We stood there in awkward silence.

"Cathy, let's go." Jace said and grabbed my hand.

"Wait, what about Vanessa?" I said.

"She's not our classmate. We're not going to the same place." He replied.

"I'll be fine." She smiled one of her annoying fake smiles.

"See? She even said it herself." He said and walked away.

I waved at Vanessa and catched up to Jace.