04 - Tell Me

The final bell has finally rung. All the students quickly stood up and rushed outside the classroom. Jace and I have soccer practice after classes so we decided to go home together. Chase was nowhere to be found.

Jace and I exit the classroom and headed to the field. I didn't want to join practice today because the field would be so muddy, but I don't have a choice.

"See you later Jace." I said. Hey just waved his hand and we went our separate ways.

I went to the locker room to get changed and I saw Alexandra drinking water.

"Hey Alex!" I exclaimed. She's one of the few friends I have in school, she's also the vice captain of the girl's soccer team.

"Oh hey there Cathy!" She smiled at me. "Hurry up and get changed so that we can go out together." I nod and went to the changing room.

"Lets go." I told Alex. She nods and we step into the field.

The coach blows his whistle signaling us to gather up. All the other members ran towards the coach.

"Today, we will have endurance tests to see how high your stamina is." The coach announced. "You will run 20 laps around the field, and for every lap that you finish, you will do 15 push ups. The boys will do the same thing. Do you understand?"

"Yes coach!" Everbody replied.

"You may now begin." We then ran towards the eastern sid of the field to begin our endurance test. The boys ran towards the western side.

Alex and I ran beside each other and we talked.

"I hate practicing in a muddy field." Alex complained.

"Likewise, but we don't have a choice. The tournament is just 2 months away." I replied.

"Yeah, I'm looking forward to it." She smiled.

"Same here."

"Cathy! Alex!" Someone shouted. We turned around and saw Zylen waving his hands and running beside him was Jace. "Wait up!" Alex and I stopped so that they can catch up.

When they finally catched up, Zylen said, "Have you guys seen the latest episode of Naruto? It was amazing!"

"I know right! But I wish the would stop inserting fillers, its pretty annoying." Alex replied.

Alex and Zylen chatted away, talking about Naruto, One Piece and other animes. They didn't even notice that they were already ahead of us.

Now if was just Jace and me. Jace isn't really the talkative type so I'm used to the silence.

"You're showing too much skin." Jace suddenly said.

"What?"

"You're shorts are to high. The boys are staring at your legs." He said. "Lower your shorts a little bit."

I didnt want to agrue with him so I did what he said.

"Good." He said.

We continued running together in silence.

"He's here." He said.

"Who's here?" I asked.

"That guy this morning."

"Oh you mean Nathaniel?"

"Yeah." He replied.

"Where is he?"

"He's sitting on the bleachers."

I looked around and saw him sitting in the bleacher to my right. I waved at him and he waved back awkwardly.

Jace suddenly grabbed my head and turned it so I was facing front. "Keep your eyes on the road. I dont want you to trip."

"Tch, as if I would trip." I said.

"If I remembered correctly, you tripped this morning." He grinned at me.

My face flushed. "So? That happened once. Just once!"

He started laughing, and I laughed along with him.

After our practice I immediately changed and went out. I looked around and saw that Nathaniel was still there where I last saw him. I decided to approach him. He saw me walking towards him and he smiled.

"Hey." I said.

"He-hey." He smiled shyly.

"Who are you waiting for?" I asked and sat beside him.

"Y-you actually."

"Me?" I asked, slightly surprised.

"You le-left your sc-cript and I de-decided to b-bring it t-to you." He said and handed over the script.

I accepted the script and said, "Thank you. You don't need to be so shy when we're together. We're friends right?" I smiled.

He smiled and nods.

"That's good."

"There's something I wanted to tell you." He said.

"Okay? Tell me." I stared at him. Waiting. His hair was dark brown, like chocolate, it was a bit wavy and fluffy. Totally the opposite of Jace's Jet black, straight hair and Chase's long and straight blond hair. His eyes were hazel brown, soft and gentle. Still the total opposite of Jace's blue, cold and sharp gaze.

He opened his mouth and said, "I-"

"Rine!" Jace exclaimed. I looked around and saw him near the exit. "Hurry up or else I'll leave you here!" He looked angry. He hates waiting. I waved my hand signaling him to wait.

"I'm sorry but can you make it quick?"

"Oh, nevermind. Forget about it." He said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. It's nothing." He said and smiled.

"Okay if you say so. Then I'm going ahead. See yah!" I said and ran.

"See you!" He said.

I ran as quick as I can to the exit, where Jace was waiting. "Took you long enough."

"He gave me my script, I accidentally left it in the classroom."

"Whatever. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and entertwined our fingers and dragged me to his car.

I'm very sorry for not updating lately. I've been busy. But I promise to do my best to update. The next chapter will be published on May 15 or 16 :)

Comments are really appreciated :) thank you for reading :D