12 - Magnet

"You forgot?" Jace asked, he sounded a little angry.

"Yeah." I said and casually scratched my head. We were standing in the parking lot, he was leaning on his car, while Chase and I leaned on Chase's car.

"How am I supposed to practice?"

I accidentally forgot to bring Jace's soccer gear. He left it in my house the other day.

"We can go get it later, before practice starts." I told him.

"Fine. But you have to make up for this. This is such a hassle." He said. He locked his car and walked out.

I sighed and looked at Chase. He chuckled and said, "Jace is always like that. Lazy."

"I'll just have to make it up to him. I know he really hates being late." I said.

Ever since his confession, Chase has been helping me with Jace. He never acted awkward around me, and he continued with his Casanova ways.

"We should get in." He said and opened the door. I walked in first and he followed.

We walked into the hallway and everyone was staring at Chase. He smiled at everyone and I just looked forward.

"Got to go fetch my babe for the week." He whispered in my ear. "You can go ahead."

I waved goodbye to Chase and walked to our classroom. When I arrived, I saw Jace in his chair reading a book.

He looked at me for a moment, and continued reading his book.

I sighed and walked towards my chair. It was only five steps away when suddenly somebody stood in my way.

I looked at the person. It was a guy. He had wavy, blonde hair, sea green eyes and was really tall.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey." I replied. "Have we met before?" I didn't know this guy.

"Of course." He looked hurt. "You don't remember me?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't."

"We danced together in Paris!" He exclaimed.

"What? I've never even been to Paris!" I said. I glanced at Jace and shot him a 'help me, you idiot' look.

Jace stood up and patted the guy's shoulder. The guy looked at Jace. Jace punched him in the face.

My jaw dropped. Everyone in the room turned around and looked at the boys.

"What the fuck was that for?" The guy exclaimed.

"Are you awake now? I thought you were asleep. I wanted to wake you up." Jace replied, grinning in a very sinister way.

The guy's cheek was now red. He touched his cheek gently.

"You're crazy!" He exclaimed and ran out of the room.

I looked at Jace and said, "That punch was totally unnecessary."

He chuckled and sat down. He continued reading his book, like nothing happened. I sighed and sat down.

"Eat lunch with me." He suddenly blurted.

"Sure." I replied, trying to suppress a blush. "You prepared something?"

"Of course not." He laughed.

"I should have known." I chuckled.

An expected visitor arrived. Vanessa walked in her long, wavy, brown hair swaying as she walked.