13 - Where Are You?

The next day, I decided to confess to Jace. Like what Chase said, I'll make sure to have no regrets. Even if he'll reject me, at least I know that I already did my best.

I woke up earlier than usual, took a quick bath, changed and ate breakfast.

I grabbed my keys, and locked the door. Chase promised to bring me to school today. I walked to their house and went in.

The house was open. I could smell the delicious scent of bacon. I went to the kitchen and saw Chase. He turned towards me when he heard my footsteps.

"Morning Cathy." He smiled and waved the spatula he was holding.

"Put some clothes on." I told him. He was only wearing his boxers. His six pack abs were exposed.

He chuckled and continued cooking.

"Where's Jace?" I asked. Usually, Jace wakes up earlier than Chase.

"He already left." Chase replied.

"Really? This early?"

"Yeah, something about meeting someone." He replied and placed a plate of bacon on the table. He sat down and started eating.

"Want some?" He offered.

"No thanks. I already ate." I replied.

He nods and continued eating.

Who is he meeting? Could it be Vanessa? Could it be Paula, his ex?

I scratched my head in frustration. Chase looked at me and smiled.

"I don't think it's Vanessa." He said, reading my thoughts.

"Then who?" I asked.

"I don't know." He replied and placed his plate in the sink.

"Don't let it bother you." He said and ruffled my hair. "I'm gonna go change." He went upstairs and closed his door.

I sat down in the living room. I saw a pink scented envelope on the table.

Curiosity got the best of me. I grabbed the envelope and opened it. Inside, there was a letter. These texts were written in gold ink:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
One thing I really dread,
Is being ignored by you.

Even just once,
I want you to hear me out.
I'll gather every ounce
Of my strength and let it out.

I'll be waiting for you
In the place where the wind blows wildly
I'll be there waiting
As long as it takes.

I heard a door open. I quickly place the letter back inside the envelope and placed on top of the table.

"Ready to go?" Chase asked while walking down the stairs.

"Yeah." I replied and stood up. I sat in the front seat as Chase turned on the engine and we drove off.

We arrived at school. There was still a lot of vacant parking lots. We got out of the car.

"Got to go get my babe for the week. See yah Cathy." Chase smiled and patted my head.

"More like bitch for the week." I replied and rolled my eyes.

He chuckled and walked away.

I remembered the letter. I tried to think of a place inside the campus that's windy. The first thing that entered my mind is the greenhouse area.

I quickly ran to the greenhouse. When I arrived there, my hair was already dripping with sweat.
I looked around, trying to find Jace. He was nowhere to be found. There was no one here.