03 - Romeo & Juliet

CHAPTER 3 ~

"Okay class, for this project, I will be grouping you into groups of 3. Your seatmates will automatically be your groupmates." Mrs. Willams said.

I sighed at the thought of Chase and Jace being my group mates. I can already hear whispers all around the room.

"That's one lucky bitch."

"Her? She's a nobody."

"Tsk, she should be grateful."

And yet again, I am the center of all gossips. I sighed and just wrote notes.

"MAAM!" a person from the last row exclaimed. We all looked at the back to see who it was. "Yes Mr. Nathaniel how can I help you?" our teacher smiled sweetly.

"U-uhm, I do-don't have a grou-p maam." He stuttered.

"Ohh, indeed. Okay, I will ask the group of Mr. Jace to let him join the group. Is it okay Mr. Carter?" the teacher asked.

"Sure. Whatever." Jace said coldly.

"Excellent! You will be joining them." Our teacher beamed. Nathaniel walked towards us and sat in our circle.

"Okay. To continue my discussion, your project for subject is to play an excerpt of the play, Romeo and Juliet. In each group, you will pick one Romeo, one Juliet, a director and a stage manager. Since it is only an excerpt, you will only play a part of the play. So for today, since we're running out of time, I will just let you identify the roles of each member and I will be handing out the scripts. Please begin."

"I'm the director." Jace said.

"I'm Juliet." I said ever so lowly.

"I'm Romeo!" Chase beamed. I looked at him and he blinked at me. I didn't have any problem with Chase being Romeo. It was fine by me.

"I-I'l be the st-stage manager." Nathaniel stuttered.

"Okay. I'm going out and photocopying this thing." Jace said referring to the script. He stood up and walked out of the room.

"He walks out and all we can do is sit here and do nothing." Chase said.

"Aren't you used to doing nothing?" I joked.

"Was that even a joke Cathy?"

"Whatever." I said and fake rolled my eyes.

"What are you doing?" Chase said and stood up from his seat. "You're acting like a woman!" He exclaimed.

"That actually hurts Chase." I said while touching my chest.

Chase laughed and hit my arm. I looked around and saw all eyes on me. I also noticed that Nathaniel was feeling out of place. He was just silent and his eyes were glued to the floor. Damn, I hate situations like this.

Jace suddenly arrived and sat down on his seat. He looked around and saw what I saw. He was also irritated about the atmosphere so he said, "What are you guys looking at? Get back to work!"

Instinctively, everyone turned around and started doing the work assigned to them.

"So let us begin. First, I wanted the characters to be familiar with each other, but since you guys already are, there's no more need for that. What I want you to do now is you memorize your lines. That's all." Jace said.

Chase and I nods in agreement. Nathaniel just sat there, listening while his eyes are still glued to the floor. I sighed. The bell signaling the end of the 1st period and the start of the 10 minute break rang.