08 - Sugar Coated

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Jace said.

"What?" I replied, I was surprised and a bit confused.

"Let me rephrase that." He sighed. "Is there something going on between you and Chase?"

I was stunned. Me and Chase? Was he talking about that thing that happened at the rec room?

"Are you serious? There's nothing between me and Chase!" I told him.

He fell silent. A sign that he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Jace is a man of few words. Just like Ferb from Phineas and Ferb.

He takes a deep breath. "Just-" He said and paused.

"Just what?" I asked.

He glanced at me and said, "Just don't fall in love with him."

I felt my face flush. Why would he tell me that? All kinds of possibilities presented themselves and my face felt hotter.

"Chase is a Casanova. I think you get the picture." He continued.

"Ohh." I said and laughed a little. I felt a little disappointed.

So in the end, he was just worried that Chase might just play with me, just like what he did to all his girl toys. Why was I disappointed?

It's always been like this, they always treated me like their sister. It was always familial love. Nothing else.

I sighed and slept through the whole trip home.

We arrived at Jace and Chase's house at 2pm. The boys parked the cars in the garage and we were going to enter the house when suddenly Vanessa said.

"I think I should get going." she smiled.

"You can hang out with us if you want." Chase replied. "Right Jace?" Jace nods.

"Really?" Vanessa beamed.

"Yep." Chase smiled. "Lets get in." He opened the door and we entered their house.

We walked into the living room and we saw that the TV was turned on. Chase tip toed to the sofa.

"Boo!" Chase shouted.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!" A voice screamed. Then that voice fell off the sofa.

Chase laughed and the voice stood up. It was Chris.

"Stupid brother. That scared the poop out of me." He said and rubbed his head.

He looked around and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey Cathy!" He waved his hand.

"Hey." I replied.

Chris looked over to Vanessa. "Who are you?" He said and tilted his head to the left.

"I'm Vanessa. Nice to meet you." She smiled. "What's your name?"

"Christopher." Chris replied.

Vanessa smiled again. I'm starting to get irritated with that fake smile of hers.

"Are we going to stand here all day?" Jace said and walked over to the sofa.

Vanessa and I sat down. Chris suddenly said, "You guys know what I want to do?"

"We don't care." Jace said and rolled his eyes.

"Carry on Chris." I encouraged him. "Don't mind your brother."

Chris smiled at me and continued, "I want to eat cookies."

"Then go to a bake shop." Jace said.