18 - Hello Brother

I walked out of my room wear a plain white top, denim shorts and a pair of sneakers.

I grabbed my keys, locker the door and drove off to the airport. The breeze was cool and refreshing. 

I silently parked my car in the nearest parking space. I locked the doors and walked towards the entrance of the airport. Dozens of people are lined up to fetch their family or friends. I silently stood there waiting for my annoying brother to arrive. 

A fresh batch of passengers arrive. Among them, there was a tall handsome guy with rich brown hair and a swagger I know too well. My brother, William, has finally arrived. He smiles at me and I just can't help myself. I dashed off and hugged him tightly. 

"I've missed you so much." I whispered in his ear. 

"I've missed you to Cathy." He replied pulling me back to examine me. 

"I'm okay, still playing Football. I'm in excellent shape." I beamed at him. 

"Glad to hear that." He smiles. We start to walk towards the parking lot. Will takes his luggage and puts it in the trunk. He climbs into the front seat and closes the door. I turn on the engine and we start to travel back home. 

"Sooo, how have you been beloved sister?" He asked. 

"Fine. How about you beloved brother?" 

"Same as usual. Running the European branch of the company was easier than expected." He replied. "Now, I'll get to my main point sister. Are you seeing someone right now?" 

"Yes, but you are in no position to demand who it is." 

"Okay. Whoever he is, I just hope that he's better than that silver boy." He said. At that statement, my entire body went rigid. 

"Don't you dare bring him into this." I whispered. He has nothing to do with this. 

"I am merely stating my opinion." 

"Then keep your opinion to yourself, Will." I replied. I absolutely hate it when somebody mentions him. It's like a a missing piece of my heart has been shoved back into my heart in the wrong position. 

The rest of our journey home was silent. 

-----------

 My brother was welcomed home by warm hugs and kisses from my parents and my sister. He has always been the family's golden boy. 

Will has always been very protective of me and my sister, which is why I am hesitant to tell him about me and Jace. 

Our family had dinner together. We spent most of the time catching up. Having my brother home is such a blessing. 

"Starting tomorrow, I'll be the one bringing you to school and I'll also be the one to fetch you from school." Will told me. 

"I already have Chase and Jace doing that for me." I replied. 

"You still hang out with those Carter boys?" He laughs.

"Well of course, they are my best friends." 

"I am glad. They seem to be good boys." He says. 

"So they can continue to bring me to school?"

"Well, I am your brother aren't I? I'll be doing that job from now on." He states. "Let me act like a brother sometimes okay?"

"Okay fine. I replied. 

"I'll be making sure that there will be no boys hanging around you." Will says.