05 - The Stars Above

"So, what did you talk about?" Asked Jace, his eyes were fixed on the road.

"I thought you weren't interested?"

"I'm just curious."

"That's basically the same thing." I laughed.

"Quit dodging the question." He said. He glared at me for a moment and continued to concentrate on driving.

"He just returned my script. Well, he wanted to say something, but you interrupted." I replied.

"He didn't tell you anything else?"

"Nope." I replied. "Why are you so curious anyway?"

He yawns and stays silent. It also means that he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. I don't mind either.

"You're having dinner at our place? Chase ordered pizza." Jace said, breaking the silence.

"Sure. Just let me text my parents." I said. I quickly grabbed my phone and texted my parents that I will be eating at Jace's crib.

My parents and Jace's parents are close friends and business partners, so they usually allow me to hang out with the boys.

We arrived at their house within 10 minutes. Jace parked his car and we stepped inside.

"Hey guys!" Chase exclaimed while eating pizza.

"Hey." Jace and I replied in unison.

"Hey Jace you're finally back." A voice said. I looked up and saw Christopher, their youngest brother, walk down the stair.

He saw me and exclaimed, "Caaaaaaaathyyyyyy!" He ran towards me and hugged me, nearly knocking me off my feet.

"Hey Chris." I hugged him back and kissed his little blond head.

"I missed you Cathy. You rarely visit." He said and pouted.

"Sorry, I've been busy lately."

Chase called us to the kitchen. "You guys better get your butts over here, the pizza's getting cold!"

We walked to the kitchen and sat down. I sat beside Chase, Jace sat on the opposite side with Chris beside him.

"You better not skip classes this Monday. We have an English test." I told Chase.

"Really? We do? I was planning to find a new one next week." Chase sighs.

"You have to take school seriously Chase. Or else you'll have to repeat a year."

"Yeah, I know. I know." He smiles. "Don't worry about me, I have a solution to every problem."

We continued eating our food in silence.

"Dad asked me to survey the yachts tomorrow. You guys wanna come with?" Jace asked.

"Will it take the whole day?" Chase inquired.

"Yeah. More or less." Jace replied.

"I'm just going to be around in the morning. I have a date in the afternoon." Chase smiled his famous playboy smile.

"That's fine." Jace looked at me.

"I'm going. I have nothing to do anyways. Mom and dad won't be home till Sunday."

"Okay then that makes 3." Jace stated.

"What about me? I wanna come with you guys!" Chris exclaimed.

"You can't. You have tennis lessons remember?" Jace said.

"Then I'll ditch tennis lesson!"

"No. You're not ditching tennis lessons. Mom wanted you to take those. And you were looking forward to it last year." Jace said sternly.