07 - Seaside Date

We arrived at the boys' house 12 minutes later. I grabbed my stuff and went downstairs.

"I'll be going now. Thanks for letting me stay for the night." I told the boys.

"Are you sure we don't have to drive you home?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I smiled.

"We'll fetch you at your house at 9 am." Chase reminded. I nod.

I glanced at Jace before I went out. He was texting someone. I wonder who? He didn't even bother to say goodbye.

"Okay then. I'll be off." I bid farewell to Chase and walked home. My house was just 5 houses away so it wasn't that far.

Our house is located at the corner of our block so we get a bigger lot than the other houses.

The house beside ours is Zylen's home. Zylen is also one of our childhood buddies. Although he's a year younger, we still consider him one of us. Our parents are also friends.

I opened the door and shouted, "Anyone home?" As expected, nobody replied. I laughed to myself and went to my room.

I only had 20 minutes before they arrived so I quickly changed into a pair of white shorts, a pastel yellow sleeveless blouse and grabbed my sunglasses.

I went to the living room and sat down. I checked my watch and I am saw that I still had 5 minutes. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"Oyy Cathy, wake up. We're going to be late." a voice said while shaking me.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Chase looking down on me. He was wearing a plain white shirt, a pair of white shorts and some slippers. His all white outfit made his blonde hair glow. He looked like an angel.

"How did you get inside?" I asked and sat up.

"I remembered where you hid your spare key, so I was able to get inside." He smiled.

We walked out and I locked the doors. As we walked outside I saw two cars parked outside. One was a white Bentley, and the other one was a Black Rolls Royce.

Jace stood beside the Rolls Royce. He wore a black V-neck shirt, a pair of black shorts and a pair of white and navy blue topsiders. If Chase looked like an angel, Jace looked like a fallen angel.

I smiled at him and he nod. Suddenly, someone got out of the front seat. It was a girl. And not just any girl, it was Vanessa.

"What is she doing here?" I whispered to Chase.

"I don't know. I think Jace invited her." He whispered back.

Vanessa smiled at me and I smiled back. My stomach tightened.

"Hey Rine, mind riding with Chase? He might feel lonely if you ride with me." Jace said.

I felt a little bit surprised. Does that mean that he and Vanessa would be alone in there?

"Oh sure." I said, trying to mask the hurt in my voice.

"Okay then. Let's go." Jace said and entered the Rolls Royce. Vanessa followed.

I opened the Bentley and sat down. Chase followed and started the engine.

"You've been feeling down lately. Is everything alright?" Chase asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"If you say so. Just remember that I'm always here for you." He said and winked at me.

"Are you hitting on me? How shameless." I laughed.

"So what if I am?" He asked. Although his face doesn't look like he's kidding.