~: BIRTHDAY :~

🖤Lillith 🖤

Standing on the shore of Seobin, watching the waves washing my feet is a wonderful feeling.
"Lili?" - Suzy called.
"Coming." - I answered.

Probably, they're done with whatever they were doing. I strolled lazily towards the place where my friends were assembled. Their laughter cracked the otherwise peaceful atmosphere. Did I want all this? I asked myself.

I reached there and what I saw left me amazed. The place is beautifully decorated with fairy lights and white orchids, with a centre table which is adorned with white and red rose petals. A chocolate cake with vanilla frosting is there in the middle. A sweet, floral smell is emanating from the scented candles. And my not-so-big gang of four people stands there with a smile and cheerful eyes. Suzy is the first person I befriended after coming to Seoul. And then there's Suzy's boyfriend Lee Min Ho, my other friend Lisa and her boyfriend, Kim Yujae.

"Happy Birthday!!" - They shouted in unison and genuine happiness engulfed me. Yes, they're more than my friends now. They're my FAMILY. A family that stayed with me through thick and thin. It's been three years that my parents had severed all ties with me. That one night, that changed the entire structure of my life. I came here, in my dream city, to try my luck. It was hard, but I am stubborn. I worked hard to secure my career and it eventually paved the way to my success. Now I'm a production manager in a reputed company with good remuneration and also enrolled myself in SNU for research studies. Life became good and I finally thought of taking a break and here I am.

"Aish! You look great." - said Lee Min Ho, breaking my trail of thoughts. I kept it simple with just a silk dress paired with wedges, hair tucked in a low bun and minimal makeup.
"Thanks to your girlfriend for choosing the perfect dress." - I winked.

I was truly happy seeing all the efforts they made to make this moment memorable. I cut the cake and popped the champagne. Yujae streamed a piece of soothing music and they all started dancing in pairs. Everything looked flawless. Life felt perfect. But something is missing. A void, an absence, within me; tearing me apart. I took off my wedges excused myself from them and went towards the seaside.

Walking along the beach, barefoot with waves splashing my feet felt soothing and the moonlight made everything seem euphoric. The waves looked ethereal. I realised that I had come a long way as this place was quiet, distanced from the commotion of the actual beach. Above all, it is serene.

 Above all, it is serene

I stood there for a moment, mesmerized by the natural beauty. I closed my eyes and tried to soothe myself. The cool breeze caressed my face in a loving embrace. Never before have I felt so relaxed. I don't know for how long I stood there until I felt a presence behind me.

Until I found him..!