Chapter 26

Everlina

This was the moment that I knew I had moved a piece from a chessboard game, I was playing a game I knew nothing about, and this was a game of boundaries and defenses. The magic world was like that. In order to survive you had to create boundaries and constantly defend yourself even from your magic and making one wrong move would end your game just like that. My situation right screamed desperation, and I was flawed just like any other witch, and Clara was a result of my flaws. Right now, I am being at opposite sides with Aaron, and he is an Alpha King. His word is meant to be respected and followed, but I had a friend on her deathbed, so I chose her life and disobeyed his order.

Lyra and Sia tried to talk me out of the idea I had about the dead man's spell, but I wasn't going to as I already made up my mind and this caused them frustration. I wished there was another spell, one less dangerous, but there wasn't and time was a curse, and it seems it was on a race and ticking down Clara's life. Aaron stood by the window fighting his anger and trying to calm down his beast as he was on the edge ever since I told him about my plan to save Clara's life. I stared him at the back as I didn't know how to convince him,”I forbid you from doing that spell.” he was not willing to understand, and he put us before Clara who was dying.
“please trust me this once.” he turned around looking so stressed out, I knew very well what he feared, but  I was not simply walking into my death as I would do everything properly this time.
“I trust you, Eve, but that magic is still there, and I don't trust it.” I knew it settled somewhere in my soul, waiting for the right moment to stir again.

“I lost control once…"he put a down as he looked a bit upset now.”and you almost hurt more than just one person, so once was enough.”There was silence as he closed the gap between us, his eye gazing into mine. I felt his emotions, He did not want to lose me and the thought of us separating was intolerable. I could go on and on, but he wasn't going to let me do it, so instead I decided to lie, and I saw nothing in telling a little lie that would save someone's life.”Alright help me find another way, but we need to act fast.” he pulled me into a hug as he seems relieved. I could feel a lump of guilt building up my throat as I held it down, afraid he would discover that am I lying to him. All I needed was to gather items for the spell, I needed Agatha and Annabelle help me do it in secret.

Aaron kissed me softly, I hooked my hands around his neck, tip toed and kissed him back.”I will find a way Eve trust me she's going to be okay.” I simply nodded, " I know you will.” he studied me for a moment and I felt that guilt and panic coming and I shoved those emotions down before they even emerged.” what's wrong Eve?” I needed an excuse to exit this room before he figured out that I was telling a fib.” I am still stressed out Clara speaking about her, let me go and see if she's okay.” I walked out the room as fast as my feet can carry me.

I knew Agatha and Annabelle would disagree, but with a little push, they would agree. Agatha got all the spell items, and she placed them on the table,”I would like us to not tell the others and do this spell just the three of us.”Agatha threw the herbs on the table, “you want us to lie to everyone including your mate and do the spell in secret?” she was extremely upset, her face turning red, I was asking for a big favor I knew too well.”yes." I responded back but Annabelle shook her head” I can't do that Everlina, if something happens to you, we would get killed, no I can't.”Annebelle was scared and Agatha was pacing up and down.

“I knew I should have not agreed to this.”Agatha was about to walk out as I held on her hand to stop her from moving forward. “if not for me, do it for Clara, please. I was asking for too much, but what else was there. Annebelle stood there looking at Agatha pacing, trying to think what she could do about this matter. , "we can do this spell safely if we are careful, and I know Clara would have done this for any of you in a heart beat.”Agatha pulled the chair and sat down. She was considering doing it, I could tell, and I knew if she was doing it, so was Annabelle.”if we do this we need to be extra careful and Everlina please follow me. "I nodded in agreement, they started to pick up the items.