Epilogue

In the aftermath of taking out the Takers and Reapers, Kyle, Shawn, James, Sarah, Cassandra, Caleb, Rocky, Marcus, Margaret, Rachel, Joseph and Abigail are outside of the White House, pondering their actions. James has an arm wrapped around Cassandra, who is still in shock. James sighs. Kyle approaches Caleb.

Kyle: Good to see you alive, brother.

Caleb: Good to be alive.

Caleb looks at Rachel, who is holding hands with Abigail.

Caleb: You do know, we're gonna have a helluva time getting out of this city now right.

Kyle: Right.

Caleb: We're targets now. All of us...including her.

Kyle turns to Rachel and Abigail.

Kyle: We'll keep the kid safe.....

Kyle then walks up to Rachel and kneels.

Kyle: You okay, kid?

Rachel: I will be...

Kyle sighs.

Kyle: If it means anything....I know what that's like to have to.....

Kyle smacks his lips.

Kyle: Well, whenever you're ready to talk, I'm here.

Kyle walks towards Sarah, but Shawn calls to him.

Shawn: Kyle, come here for a second.

Kyle walks over to Shawn.

Kyle: You good?

Shawn: Yeah—yeah, I just need to say something.

Shawn stands in front of Kyle.

Kyle: What is it?

Shawn: Look, I, uh....when I was kid, I used to see Uncle Colin and my Dad argue a lot. Back then, I didn't want any brothers to avoid all that arguing.....Hell, I figured we would argue a lot....then you came....then James.

Kyle: Shawn, you've don't have to...

Shawn shakes his head.

Shawn: No, listen to me, I do. I'm not trying to replace Jake, but you and me have been like brothers for a long time. Sometimes brothers make mistakes...but brothers help their brothers fix their mistakes.

Shawn holds up a silver ring as Kyle gives a questioning look.

Kyle: Uh...Shawn, are you proposing to me? I mean, you're a great guy and I love you, but—

Shawn: Stop...Stop being a fucking asshole for one second and take a hint, okay? You know exactly what this is.

Kyle: How long have you had that?

Shawn: Over a year.

Shawn holds the ring out to Kyle, who takes it and looks it over.

Kyle: Son of a bitch....I pawned it..

Shawn: You did...but I sold my crossbow to get it back....Here's the thing, man. This world, what it is now, and probably gonna stay like, we don't know how long we have....and I believe a great man, your father once said, time is luxury that we just don't have anymore....but it's best not to waste it alone.....So...while we're on this earth...best to live by his words and not to waste it...alone....cause no one can do anything alone anymore.

Kyle turns to see Sarah as he smiles and walks over to her. Kyle turns to Shawn.

Kyle: You know, you're an asshole, right?

Shawn: You'll thank me someday.

Kyle approaches Sarah.

Kyle: Hey.

Sarah: Hey.

Kyle touches Sarah's scar on her face.

Sarah: Ah...it'll heal.

Kyle: Yeah, it will.

Sarah places her hand on Kyle's chest.

Sarah: Are you okay?

Kyle: I will be....

Sarah turns to Rachel and smiles.

Sarah: At least you got something out of this, right?

Kyle: No...I got two things out of it.

Kyle places his hand on Sarah's as she looks down and sees that Kyle had put on his wedding ring back on his hand.

Sarah: Is that...?

Kyle: Yeah...it is...

Sarah looks up and smiles, before she wraps her arms around Kyle and kisses him. The rest of the group smiles as Rocky begins to clap very loudly.

Rocky: Yeah! Get it, bro! Get it good!

Kyle and Sarah then break the kiss, before the entire group of survivors look over at Rocky, who stops clapping and looks around.

Rocky: I just fucked up a good moment, didn't I?

Kyle: Yeah, Rocky, you did.

Shawn: Well, we should get the hell out of here anyway.

Caleb: Where?

Marcus: Underground. In the subway tunnels. Best thing to do til we can find another way out of Taker city. They'll be looking for us. Hunting us.

James: How long do we stay underground for?

Kyle sighs.

Kyle: I don't know...but as long as we're together, we can make it.

Kyle takes Sarah's hand and smiles down at her, before he looks back at Shawn, James, Cassandra, Caleb, Marcus, Margaret, Rocky, Rachel and Abigail.

Kyle: I believe we can.