Chapter 11: You Did This

After getting almost beaten to death by that infected in the old subway tunnel a day back, Elijah needed some time to rest and heal. Charlie stitches Elijah's back. Afterwards, Elijah touches Charlie's hand, then turns to face him before kissing him. That night, Kyle, Shawn, Sarah, Rachel, Charlie and Elijah all exchange stories finally.

Charlie laughs.

Rachel: Okay....how'd you two meet?

Elijah: Simple.

Charlie: Okay, c'mon, babe.

Elijah: What? I love telling the story my way.

Charlie laughs.

Elijah: Anyway, I'm getting chased by the infected and I run straight into a ditch. Luckily, the infected weren't too smart enough to see me fall into the hole. I broke my ankle. One infected looks down into the hole and prepares to jump down, but again, by luck, they all get shot by this very handsome tall fella....it was love at first sight....well, his first sight was through a gun.

Charlie: Look, man, I didn't know who you were at the time....You could've been a Blood Hog or a Raider just running from his group.

Elijah: Still didn't take your shot when you did, did you?

Charlie laughs, before he grabs Elijah's hand and kisses him.

Charlie: I definitely did. It was your whitty charm.

Kyle laughs, before sharing a look with Sarah. Although it wasn't the exact same, seeing Charlie and Elijah so in love made Kyle feel the way he did with Sarah.

Charlie: So....another question; Rachel, out of all of us, who do you think is gonna die first?

Shawn: Uh...Dude.

Charlie: What? I like asking questions that are dangerous.

Rachel: Hmm....Well, Elijah, your whitty charms just might get you killed, so I'll go with you.

Elijah laughs.

Elijah: Wow. Is that so?

Rachel: Being a smart ass has gotten a lot people killed, especially in this world.

Kyle: Kid's got a point.

Charlie: Okay, another question; how'd you all meet? I mean, looks like you guys have been friends for years.

Shawn: Well, Kyle and I, yeah. We've been friends for years since we were kids. Served in Zeus Corps together. Took em down together.

Elijah: Wait, you're that Kyle? Kyle Desipich? You're a fucking legend in the wasteland. The hero who took down Kronos and the radioactive fluid.

Kyle scoffs.

Kyle: I'm no hero. I'm just a man.

Charlie: A man who saved the wasteland from years of tyranny.

Sarah: Uh...guys maybe we should focus back on the question?

Charlie: Eh...if you insist....Sarah, how'd you meet these guys?

Sarah: Well, this soldier got captured and brought back to my hometown. Zeus Corps followed, blew up the town, ended surviving a lot of horrible shit....and....ended falling in love with that soldier....

Sarah looks at Kyle with a smirk, before looking back down.

Elijah: Wow....that is one sappy ass romantic story.

Charlie laughs.

Charlie: Stop, babe. It's kind of like fate.

Elijah: Uh-huh. Okay; out of curiosity, why'd you and Kyle split up? Hmm? I mean, the wasteland is full of cute guys. You mess with someone else, Sarah? After being married for so long?