Chapter 17: Discoveries

At the Taker base, Caleb is resting as he wakes up. Caleb jerks his head to see Dodge sitting near him.

Dodge: Who's Beth?

Caleb glares at Dodge.

Dodge: You mumbled her name in your sleep. I mean, she must be important to you.

Caleb: She was....

Dodge: Was she your girlfriend?

Caleb: No...she's my sister if you need to know.

Dodge: I see....your sister must be important to you.

Caleb: She was....

Dodge: Ah....she's dead, then. I'm sorry....I lost my wife not too long ago....it's just been hard without her around....surely you can understand that.

At the resort, in the aftermath of the slaughter of the Slavers, Kyle, Shawn, James and Rocky are carrying the corpses of Quinton and the Slavers and putting them into a ditch. Abigailis carrying equipment into a shed, beforeshe walks in on Margaret and Joseph making out.

Abigail: Gah! Fuck! Uh....sorry.

Abigail shuts the door and walks away, laughing. Rachel sits on the steps, watching the men carrying out the bodies. Sarah then walks up and sits next to her.

Sarah: Hey.

Rachel: Thank God. You're awake.

Sarah: Yeah....you okay?

Rachel: Yeah...they didn't hurt me....

Sarah: I'm not just asking about your wounds....I'm asking because last night...it was a lot. You understand why we did what did, right?

Rachel: Yeah.....they were bad people....they deserved it.

Sarah: Just as long as you know, they would've done the same to us.

Rachel: They would've.

In the woods, James and Cassandra are hunting.

James: Cassandra....you okay?

Cassandra: Just—last night....it was...

James: I know....They were bad, but....do you think it had to be done by us?

Cassandra: Who else? They would've killed us, James.

James: I know. It's just—

Suddenly, a motorbike is heard as man and woman are riding through the woods.

James: What the fuck?!

The man is shot in the shoulder by Margaret, who is hunting with Joseph and Marcus. Margaret lowers her sniper rifle. James runs as the woman pulls out a pistol, but Margaret kicks the gun out of her hands and hits her in the temple with a blow to the head with the butt of her rifle. Marcus, Joseph, James and Cassandra run up to the man and aim their rifles at him.

Marcus: Get up! Get up!

Tristian: Okay! Okay!

Margaret: You too! Come on! Come on!

James, Cassandra, Marcus, Joseph and Margaret bring Tristian and the female, Iris, back to the lodge.

James: Kyle!

Kyle, Sarah, Rachel and Abigail run out of the lodge and approach the group with their two hostages.

Kyle: What the hell is this?!

Marcus: Caught these two fucks trying to get away on a goddamned bike!

Shawn: Three!

Shawn and Rocky appear and throw another man to the ground.