Chapter 14: Battle of the Hydro-Electrical Plant

Outside of the hydro-electrical plant, Lynn and Colm are having a conversation.

Colm: You kidnapped two of them?!

Lynn: Shawn Burton and his friend.

Colm: Are you fucking stupid?! They're gonna be out looking in numbers now!

Lynn: I have a plan. With them, we'll be able to draw Kyle and Sarah out....without anyone getting hurt.

Colm: People are going to get hurt. Innocent.

Lynn: These people are not innocent, Dad. They're the key...to what we want. They're going to help us take who we want without firing a single shot.

Colm: How can you be so sure?

Lynn: Cause they got family in there, and they won't dare fire on us with their family hostage.....

Colm: And if they do....

Lynn: Then we fire back.

Afterwards, Colm and Lynn address the matter to the rest of the Reapers.

Abigail: Wait? So you kidnapped two of them? Shawn and another woman in order to draw Kyle out?

Colm: He'll surrender...easily....These people...they're friends of the hostages and of Kyle. They're not all bad, but if they're like Desipich and his wife....then they're thieves...murderers...These people they...they killed my son. I wanted to let that go, but I can't....I don't want to die...I don't want my daughter to die...

Colm points to the Reapers.

Colm: I don't want you to die. You can't live in this world without getting blood on your hands. We need to make our move against these people....cause soon, Shawn Burton's brother is gonna realize they're missing and come looking for them.

Lynn: We need to take these people by surprise. They have no idea we're coming so we have the advantage.

Abigail sighs.

Selene: I'm in. These motherfuckers killed my best friend. If they side with Desipich, then they die.

Carter: Me too.

The Reapers speak and nod in agreement.

Colm: Pack up and get ready. We'll go over the plan in half an hour.

The Reapers disperse while Abigail crosses her arms and stays behind.

Colm: What?

Abigail: We're really going to kill all these people if Kyle doesn't surrender?

Colm: No...

Lynn: Just Desipich.

Abigail: And what about his wife? You want her too, right? So you can kill her in front of him?

Lynn approaches Abigail.

Lynn: Abigail....Desipich killed my brother. Your boyfriend. Don't you get that? I know we haven't seen eye to eye....but you're family.

Lynn walks off as does Colm, before Abigail gives a contemplated look. In the trailer, Colm bandages Shawn's head wound.

Shawn: Get the fuck off me, man!

Colm: Hold still, son....There.

Shawn: Fucking prick.

Colm stands up back up before turning his head to Maya then Shawn. Both tied up.

Colm: You know who I am, boy?

Shawn: Yeah....

Colm walks over and brings Maya next to Shawn. He then pulls out a candy bar and places it on their lap.