Chapter 15: Chop Til You Drop

In the area of the destroyed hydro-electrical plant, Rocky, in his gas mask, arrives at the chaos. He looks around, walking past Maya's decapitated head and body in the process, before he enters the courtyard. Rocky pulls out his machete and takes out several attacking infected, before he looks inside a fenced area to notice Abigail, curled up in a ball and looking down. Rocky then approaches the cage and taps on the fence, getting her attention.

Rocky: Yo! Ginger girl!

Rocky then opens the gate and steps inside, before he takes off his mask.

Rocky: Hello?

Rocky takes the pistol out of Abigail's hand and then examines the gun.

Rocky: It's fucking full. Did you even fire a shot?

Abigail nods her head. Rocky looks down, before looking outside.

Rocky: Alright. Get up. Let's go. Did you fucking hear me?! Let's go!

Abigail remains silent, before Rocky kneels down to her level.

Rocky: You're just gonna stay here? Huh? And die? Is that what you want?

Abigail finally speaks, still looking out into the opening.

Abigail: Look at my jacket. I was with them. I attacked this place. I took part in this.

Rocky: Yeah...I can tell.

Abigail turns her head, facing Rocky.

Abigail: Why are you trying to save me?

Rocky: Because whether you like it or not, I need your help.

Rocky creates a nail bomb, before he hands Abigail her pistol back.

Rocky: We're low on ammo. Take this and this.

Rocky throws a nail bomb into the crowd of infected as it explodes, drawing the other infected to the area. Rocky puts his gas mask back on.

Rocky: Okay, kid. Look, I need you stay ahead of me. I got plenty of ammo, but if I'm getting you out of here, you need to contribute. Understand?

Abigail nods.

Rocky: You ready?

Abigail nods, before Rocky and Abigail finally escape with Abigail using her knife and pistol to take out several infected. Rocky and Abigail successfully escape the destroyed hydro-electrical plant. Rocky removes his mask as the two reach the open road.

Rocky: Hey.....I saved your life. Now you tell me exactly what happened.

Abigail sighs.

Abigail: The Reapers....my people....Lynn and Colm....they lead and attacked this hydro-electrical plant full of innocent people...families....Lynn....she killed that girl....cut off her head.

Rocky sighs.

Rocky: Fuck....who was it?

Abigail: Her name was Maya.

Rocky: She was one of Kyle's friends....

Abigail: You know Kyle?

Rocky: I do. I'm the one who helped him get a car and then your former people....tore up my town, looking for him.

Abigail sobs.

Abigail: Kyle Desipich...he killed my boyfriend, Roscoe....Lynn's brother and....Colm's son....but Lynn, she was just so out of control....she slaughtered innocent people in their town....children....but...she's done so much that I don't even care anymore...so what I did....I mean, I'm a fucking piece of shit. You should just shoot me now.