MICHAEL x fem!READER

My eyes flicked to the smoke I exhaled from my mouth. The white fluff flew up and quickly merged with the clouds in the sky so fast that I didn't even notice it. I looked ahead and inhaled even more than before, not caring that my lungs were about to melt. Children from the younger grades carelessly shouted and chased the black-and-white ball, not caring that the lesson had already started a long time ago and the teacher would be looking for them soon, every scream, vivat and sound of disappointment not scoring a goal to listen with curiosity and intrigue.

"Are you skipping class again, [Reader]?" the back door opened and your friend and classmate, Michael stepped out.

"Hm... Maybe?" you giggled quickly and went back to what you were doing.

The white ball rolled to the other end of the field, followed by colorful, plump blobs, shouting over each other. You sat on the cold concrete stairs next to the black-haired boy and carefully watched the play of the children in front of you. The noise and clutter on the pitch began to mix, though that didn't stop the din from continuing to play, a round object flew back and forth all over the turf.

"These kids are so carefree, isn't it amazing?" I smiled at Michael as I stubbed out my flimsy cigarette against the gray concrete.

"They are bunch of conformists, I don't know what's so fascinating about them" he replied without any emotion.

Cheers of happiness spread throughout the grounds as soon as one team scored, deep down, I enjoyed it. Pulling another cigarette from my pocket, I carefully watched the running youngsters. A smile was on my face and my eyes were focused on the green grass where the ball was rolling, having taken the last puff, the nicotine delicacy fell to the ground and I stepped on it, pinning it to the ground.

"Let's join them!" joy spread throughout my body at the thought of a carefree game, grabbing Michael by the sleeve and pulling him towards a group of younger people.

"No, thanks. I'd rather not..." he mumbled under his breath, trying to hide his ruddy cheeks.

I let out a disgruntled noise and left the teenager alone while I ran to join the kids enjoying the game together. Goth settled where he always was and watched me help the younger ones puffing on a long white cigarette.

"You know if you joined her, it would be a chance to confess your love?" another darkly dressed boy joined the gloomy teenager, sitting close to him.

"Ah, shut up Pete" Michael complained with a flustered expression on his face, obviously embarrassed that others are starting to notice his tiny, little crush.