27. Meet Mehrak!

"BEEP

"BEEP....BEEEEP.....BEEP!" A robotic assistant hovered up into the air which startled you as not two minutes ago it was a mere briefcase that Kaveh carried around. It kept expressing a variety of expressions through its pixel grey screen which some how seemed similar to how Kaveh expressed his emotions.

You were currently at Kaveh's place because he wanted to show you a certain someone but by that you didn't know this certain someone was a mechanical robot.

"Meet Mehrak! My personal and best assistant who assists me in all sort of work!" Kaveh introduced you to the robot that still expressed a smiley face on it's tiny little monitor. You were really fascinated by how the mechanic robot worked.

"Beep! Beep!...!!" 

Kaveh had a surprised look on his face. "Oh? You are so right about it buddy!" 

"Beep!" Mehrak responded back to Kaveh. You tilt your head in confusion not understanding a single about what was going on. He looked at you with a  proud smile.

Are they communicating with one another?

"Mehrak says you are beautiful." Kaveh remarked which did catch you a little off guard as you looked away. Well he did say a lot of sweet things to you but you weren't still used to such commentary and now, even a mechanism complimented you. 

Mehrak only hovered around in circles with a brilliant smile on its monitor that matched Kaveh's expression. 

"Cannot believe a mechanism also started to compliment me. " You said as you hid your face into your hands.

"Hey! She's not just a mechanism, Mehrak is my assistant! Actually, I think the two of us share a deeper bond than just being a master and his assistant." Kaveh said as he looked at Mehrak.

Well, he wasn't wrong at all. He stood there thinking for a moment until he snapped his fingers and reached a conclusion, looking at Mehrak with a smile then looked back at you, who was eager to know an answer.

"I think we have a father-daughter relationship. At least that's what Alhaitham told me. Mehrak is very clingy and shares the same thoughts as I." 

You were then reminded of how clingy Kaveh could get when he was drunk. Then indeed it was true for the statement: Like father, like daughter.

Kaveh snapped his fingers twice in front of your eyes as you were in a daze analyzing Kaveh and Mehrak's similar behavior. It was suddenly interrupted when he snapped twice and brought you back to your senses. 

"Are you alright Y/n?" He asked as he looked at you with concern. He placed his hand onto your forehead and left a confused hum. "You don't have a fever but it looks like you haven't slept in a while."