20. A Confession.

"WHERE IS Y/N?" Kaveh asked himself as he looked around at the gathering

"WHERE IS Y/N?" Kaveh asked himself as he looked around at the gathering. A dance was about to begin and he was finally freed by the group that had earlier taken him away from her. Only upon returning from the other table, he didn't find her.

He was worried because Aaron wasn't seen around. He clicked his tongue in annoyance and continued looking for her in the crowd, until he felt someone's hands on his shoulder.

He turned around to be met with Aaron who had a smile plastered on his face. Kaveh only grit his teeth in annoyance.

"Oh my? I just wanted to let you know that Y/n left you to get back home. Don't be so hostile with me, my friend." Aaron said with a smug look on his face.

Kaveh instantly slapped Aaron's hand off his shoulder. "You Bastard! What have you done this time to hurt her?" 

Aaron was taken aback by Kaveh's agitated demeanor. He shrugged and replied with a sly tone, "Oh, I only spoke to her. I asked if she truly loved you or not but then she excused herself and ran away."

Kaveh grit his teeth in annoyance and pushed Aaron away from his way. He quickly got down the Jade Chamber and began running through each and every streets in Liyue Harbor in hopes just to find Y/n. 

He was slightly panicked as he was worried that Aaron might have hurt you mentally, hence he kept running on and on looking for you at your regular spots— at the bridge that connected Chihua Rock and the Liyue City, Your office, The Harbor, and many other places.

It was getting late and he still couldn't find you. Many people began closing their shops and stalls as they all were headed home but Kaveh still continued to walk around, hoping to find you somewhere. 

Because he needed to see you. It was necessary that he saw you.

At last he saw you sitting on a bench, beneath a lantern that illuminated your surrounding. You were seen sobbing and huffing as dry tears stained your cheeks. You buried your face into the palms of your hands. This made Kaveh's heart only hurt. 

As he walked closer, you heard his footsteps. You slightly raised your head and saw him, leaving a bitter smile.

"Is it really dire that you see me in such a pathetic state, Kaveh?" You said between your muffled cries. 

He didn't say a word.

"Go back Kaveh, you needn't worry about me. I just...I'm stupid enough to think that everything would end. I don't even know what happiness means to me anymore. Do you think I could ever be me again? Do you think I could ever be happy ever again?" 

Kaveh only silently walked towards you and sat down on one of his knees. He sat before you and raised your face, as he gently wiped those tears away with his thumb. Your puffed eyes came in contact  his scarlet red eyes, that showed you care.