4. "Who Was She?"

"I DON'T REMEMBER YESTERDAY'S EVENTS?"  said Kaveh who just woke up from sleep and was suffering from a terrible hangover

"I DON'T REMEMBER YESTERDAY'S EVENTS?"  said Kaveh who just woke up from sleep and was suffering from a terrible hangover. His head hurt so badly and was unable to recall yesterday's events after meeting you. 

Eugene was seated beside him, preparing a tea."I found you completely drunk at the local tavern and you seemed quite happy? I was told by the bartender that you and another lady were in there for almost four whole hours, discussing and talking about art."

"Art? Me? With some random woman?" Kaveh inquired as he held the cup filled with tea that was being given to him by Eugene.

"Apparently that is what I heard. Though you were really happy and excited about showing me the new sketches today...You literally screamed in excitement yesterday and went about telling 'I've done it, I've done it' to the other drunk people...." 

Kaveh nearly choked on his drink hearing that."I WOULD NEVER." he said that in his mind. Eugene flinched at the death glance Kaveh gave.

"No, no don't worry sir! I swear by gods I dare not say this to Alhaitham! This will be only between us!" The young scholar panicked, chuckling nervously.

"I trust you'll keep your promise...Anyway, please pass that sketchbook to me." Kaveh pointed out and asked Eugene. He quickly flipped through the papers in his sketchbook and noticed a drawing of a structure.

"S-Sir, YOU'VE RECOVERED FROM YOUR BLOCK?!" Euegene nearly leapt in happiness.

The drawings which were drawn were perfect. Everything seemed neat and all the details were neatly highlighted. Even the structural lines were drawn perfectly. Kaveh noticed a small sign next to the drawing which was read as 'N/n'. 

That's when he started remembering a little from yesterday night's events. His headache got a little more painful but he was able to remember her hair color. How she asked him if she could sit beside him while drinking.

Nevertheless, He felt his heart go heavy. Of course, he doesn't even remember the person he was discussing with yesterday night but this wasn't his work.

He was indeed a prideful scholar and an architect who was desperate to recover but he would NEVER steal someone else's work. 

"This isn't mine." Kaveh said in a low voice, shattering Eugene's happiness within a moment. The poor assistant's hopes completely came crashing down.

 "T-This...work...was her's...the lady with [H/c] hair...I don't even remember her eye color or how she looked." He continued, massaging his forehead as the headache got only worse as he tried to recollect. 

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"SHIT I'M LATE!" Y/n threw the blankets off her body and quickly jolt awoke. She looked at the clock to realize it was already Eleven in the morning. 

"You shouldn't drink more than your own limit. Yanfei had to literally bring you back here in the early hours as you were not at work or house." A voice was heard from the corner of my room.

I turned to look at the person and I was overjoyed. Those dark short blue hair which were cut asymmetrically and that warm smile. The warm smile I missed for a while now. Which only belongs to one person in the entire world to me,—

"Sister Yelan!" I got up from my bed and immediately jumped towards her, bringing my arms to hug her tightly. The very much comfort I needed always came from her.

"Someone seemed to have missed me." She laughed and hugged me back. It did get too tight when she began hugging me, as if she was about to crush me. I kept tapping behind her back to let go of me.

"Oh sorry dear. Well, how're you doing? I heard quite a lot of interesting things from Yanfei. You sure that I don't have to get myself involved in it?" She asked as she let go of me. 

I took a moment to catch my breath back. 

"Yeah don't worry, I'm sure Yanfei can proceed with it legally and deal with that jerk, although I'd love to see the sight of you strangling him." I joked without thinking for a moment. 

Yelan blinked at me twice with no expression on her face but it turned dark all of a sudden. I flinched.

"So you'd like me to strangle him to death or would you like me to strangle him till he begs for forgiveness?" Yelan asked as she supported her chin with her finger.

"NO ABSOLUTELY NOT! ESPECIALLY NOT IF THERE'S A LEGAL PROCEEDING GOING ON, YOU'LL GET IN TROUBLE—" I replied back in a panicked tone. 

"Hmm what a pity though it would have been fun..." Yelan pouted and got up from her seat. She walked towards the door. "Well get ready for your 'brunch'.." She said and was about to leave.

"Wait sister...I need to you to actually help me with something.." I suddenly asked out.

Of course it was my sheer curiosity that kept disturbing the peace of my mind. — About that Scholar artist I met yesterday.

"What is it?" She asked as she placed her hand on hips. 

"I met a guy from Sumeru yesterday while drinking. He was a scholar but an artist at the same time and had blonde hair. Do you perhaps know more about him?" 

Yelan stood there for a moment trying to process. Once she was done, she said "No, I've never met this 'artist' blonde you're asking of. If he's still there in Liyue, I can dig some information about him for you."

"Can you please do that for me then?" I asked back. It seemed like I was desperate to know more.

Yelan chuckled. "Looks like you've moved on and caught another interest. Very well, I'll dig it out for you." She said and closed the door before I could deny anything.

"W-WAIT IT ISN'T LIKE THAT I JUST WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT HIM!" I shout back as I heard her giggling through the corridors. 

END — CHAPTER #04.

a/n : Only if Yelan was my sister irl I could strangle my worst enemies

a/n : Only if Yelan was my sister irl I could strangle my worst enemies.....ANYWAYS thoughts on the chapter?

P.s I have a discord server where I leak most of my writings so if you're interested, do join! https://discord.gg/Yab6xpKK7e