8. Then It's A Date!

"S-SAY WHAT?" Kaveh raised his voice as his face went completely red and heated up

"S-SAY WHAT?" Kaveh raised his voice as his face went completely red and heated up. You stood there him in surprise due to his strange behavior, despite telling it was just an act. You were getting worried if that man would suffer from a sudden cardiac arrest or stroke from the way he behaved.

"Calm down...It's just an act. I'll help you in exchange for this and don't worry I don't think I'd fall for another man yet. So all the feelings that we'll share during the moment shall be either platonic or simply meaningless." 

"...You have no idea how much dignity I'm about to shatter just for this..." Kaveh said as he hid half of his face with his hand.

You chuckled proudly. "Is that a yes?" 

"..It is. But I swear by archons that you better be helpful to me. At least when I return back to Sumeru I need to rebuild my reputation." Kaveh sighed and looked at you. His gaze was piercing through.

Sure enough he did calm down but you noticed how red were the tip of his ears. 

"Then it's a deal. A contract. I'll help you to recover from an artist's block while you, help me teach my ex a lesson. If you break this contract and runaway, there's a saying in Liyue that you will suffer the wrath of the rock." You said as you brought your hand forward for a handshake. 

Kaveh brought his hand forward and grasped it within yours, agreeing to the deal. You were a little startled by how you felt warmth in his hand unlike Aaron's which were cold. 

"Then, See you at Xinyue Kinosk tonight, eight. It's a date. Aaron will be there for a business meet as well. From there I will start helping you out as well." You say and leave.

Kaveh stood there but before he could even answer, you had left his sight. "..Okay...." he muttered as he felt his heart almost bounce out of his chest.

Unexpectedly as you were walking back home, You couldn't help but keep staring at your palm which was held by Kaveh earlier. 

That warmth was comforting and not too harsh unlike what you've felt before. You try clasping both your hands to see if you could feel that warmth again. 

Unfortunately, You couldn't. You then realize how your heart was beating faster than usually after the meeting yet you keep denying those unwanted responses from your body.

You only wanted one thing.—Revenge. Till then, you don't want to fall in love with anyone else. Not until you've recovered from one.

LATER NIGHT : 

You had arrived earlier than expected as it didn't take you much long to wear a pretty gown and neatly decorate your hair with less make up on your face to give a simple yet elegant look. 

As you reached Xinyue Kinosk, you couldn't find Kaveh anywhere as it was only half past seven. Thanks to Yelan, you were able to make an immediate reservation and confirmed the reservation with the attender.