17. The Guili Plains.

"ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES? HOW?" you asked Yelan who sat before you, going through a bunch of images that were clicked by the intelligence team

She seemed extremely angry and annoyed due to matters of the recent. She has been chasing a bunch of Fatui for a while now and hasn't made much great progress with it. Now along with all the problems, there came this new one crashing down on her.

You couldn't help but pity your older sister who seemed really out of place as she had been working non-stop ever since Lantern Rite.

"I can take over the work if you want, Yelan. I'm not good at fighting so you can deal with those Snezhnayans." You said looking into her eyes.

She gave you a raised eyebrow look back and chuckled. "Really? How sure are you that you wouldn't be distracted by your boyfriend ?" 

You paused for a moment. At that moment an instant heat of denial came all over your face as you scoff and replied back, "My paid actor boyfriend, you mean?" you looked away, not daring to look at her smirking face as you were completely flustered. 

"I would have loved to send you to Guili Plains but unfortunately the products of the illegal activities all lie in there....I'm afraid that you might require some fighting for it...unless." Yelan said as she thought about it again.

You were held up with a half finished sentence by Yelan, which kept slightly bothering you as the silence enveloping the room. "Unless?" 

"Unless, Kaveh accompanies you. I'm sure his temper is enough to chase those treasure hoarders away and would possibly ease my tension if I were sending you alone." Yelan said with her iconic grin. 

Now, just dragging Kaveh along with you for work related matters was simply rude of you to do. He too had his own work and matters to do.

"Nope, he's not accompanying me. He'll probably have some other work to catch up with." You protested against Yelan's ideas. 

Yelan laced her fingers and brought her chin to rest on it. "Guili plains have an ancient story to it. Not to forget the great ruins in there might be a source of motivation. Tag him along, I say. He might be rather too disappointed if he comes to know you never took him to such a historical place." 

Unable to deny Yelan's speculation, she was right about it. Kaveh would be too disappointed about it and you didn't really want to get nagged by him.

.

.

"Where on teyvat are you dra— HEY SLOW DOWN!" Kaveh said in a muffled voiced as he had a chicken mushroom skewer that was in his mouth.

You random saw Kaveh at a food stall, so you dragged him through the Liyue Harbor, by holding his hand. while the man behind you thinks that something had surely possessed you. After all, Liyue is known for its horror mysteries too.