2. Break Up.

" LET'S BREAK UP

" LET'S BREAK UP."   I said to the man I was set to engage sooner this year. Aaron Burton. He had brown locks and blue eyes that any woman would have fallen head over heels for. Not just the looks but also the wealth.

I met him by a simple chance when my sister, Yelan was having business with him. Seeing the poor fellow struggle to maintain his foot hold in Liyue, I let him invest my own money into quite a lot of projects that not only made him rich but made his family acknowledge him. 

A boy from Mondstadt's noble household, fed with silver spoon all throughout his life came begging for help in Liyue. Lesson learnt, never trust such kinds of people.

It was what seemed like love between us for a short time but as he grew to fame, I walked out of the frame. More like I was no longer a part of that frame. He was surrounded by different kinds of women across the continent and eventually cheated on me, yet even at these last moments he had to guts to say those disgusting words.

"I love you really very much Y/n. Please don't leave me just like that!" He began begging with those fake eyes of his. The drinks placed in front of already became flat as the carbonation had already disappeared. 

"Oh, also. I'll be needing all my money back in cash moved to my accounts as soon as possible and I'll be going through the legal way rather than having my sister retort to violent ways. Don't worry though, I'll have the bills paid for the drinks." I said completely ignoring the man before me. 

How relaxing it felt. To say those words out. Romance was something that seemed like a waste of time to me. 

Aaron got ahead of himself and placed his hands over mine and brought a small velvet box out. I flinched and try taking my hand back but he held that firmly. 

"Leave."

"Y/n my dear, please listen to me. I've loved you for so long please, marry me. Let's talk this out, I know—"

"Shut up and leave me. You can go use this sweet tones to those other women who are currently sleeping in your bed." I said as I pulled my hand back, breaking his grasp.

"Mr. Aaron, you are under a notice to repay Miss. Y/n all the amount back in cash and also pay an additional of hundred thousand mora for the damages of cheating. Kindly stay away from her till the legal proceedings complete."

The voice was from a young woman with salmon pink hair fading to a pale peach at the tips. Near her ears there were antlers that represented her adeptal lineage.  She was none other than the famous legal advisor of Liyue, Yanfei. She walked forward and slammed a paper on Aaron's side, giving him a death glare.

"Do you understand sir Aaron? Please refrain yourself from ever bothering my client Miss. Y/n. Now, ma'am if you do have the time right now, let's discuss our further plans, privately shall we?" Yanfei suggested to me. 

I nod in agreement and looked at Aaron who seemed clearly irritated by the entire matter. He kept gritting his teeth in annoyance and looked at me for a moment. 

"She's Yanfei, my legal lawyer. Yanfei, this is Aaron and I don't think you'll need further information about him. Very well, we'll get going." I said as I walked out from the restaurant, paying the bill along with Yanfei.

It was already midnight and most people in Chihua Rock were already off to their deep slumber. Yanfei and I were walking through the empty streets, having our own conversation.

"Y/n, why do you seem so moody? Is there something the matter? Did I behave too strictly or— Did he say something to you. I swear to rex lapis, I will throw that guy off a cliff legally." Yanfei said as she kept worrying about me.

"Honestly, it's just I'm tired of it all. If anything, I've only loved one person in my entire life and thought I'd settle with him until all these 'things' happened. It disappoints me a lot though..." 

"Oh I can see where you're trying to go but please don't fret over something like that. He was a jerk and if I weren't a lawyer, surely I would have murdered him. Honestly Y/n, you should have said it to your sister as Yelan is more better in dealing with jerks." 

I chuckled at the thought of my sister, Yelan strangling Aaron's throat to the point he cannot breath and begs for forgiveness. 

"True. Anyway, you should head back home, I have some final work to finish up before returning back home. Have a good night's rest Yanfei! Also next time, don't you dare address me by 'ma'am'! " I said and waved her a goodbye as I began walking towards the official Qixing building. 

As I walked towards the entrance through the Yujing Terrace, I noticed a young man walk out from the building, clearly annoyed. 

From the look of it he wasn't from Liyue at all but rather appeared to be someone of high ranks within the Akademiya or some highly reputed Institution. Nevertheless, I wasn't bothered about some strange guy who seemed clearly annoyed. Who I'd probably never run into.

—or so I thought would be the case.

END — CHAPTER #02. 

A/n : Aaron sounds like a jerk rn

A/n : Aaron sounds like a jerk rn. ANYWAYS I hope you have enjoyed the chapter <3