21. New Cases.

"WHAT WAS HE THINKING

"WHAT WAS HE THINKING." You thought to yourself as you found yourself sitting before four huge case files that were all belonging to Aaron. These weren't any normal cases that you found laying at your desk.

Yelan was furious. The two of you were in your office and you saw how Yelan was pacing back and forth. You dare not to even joke in front of her right now as you could feel the threatening aura radiate from her.

In fact, Yelan was never worried when she pulled a whole trick that was directly connected to the Ninth Harbinger of the Fatui, Regrator. She was so cool about it and even redesigned his little gift to the Tsaritsa, without even a little care about what may happen in future.

"I swear that I'm on my last strings. How long do you want me to stay silent about this?" Yelan asked as she stopped and asked you. You only sighed and sat back.

"A money laundering, illegal import of foreign goods with no authorization, encroachment of lands and  conduct of fraud activities by promising people money for their lands. A scammer. That's four cases to us, sister." You said as you sat back on the office chair, wondering what else could he have been up to.

Perhaps if you were still with him, you would become a victim of his mess. Thank archons, you left that guy. Three-fourth of the cases that laid before you were done around the same time you began dating him.

How long did he plan on hiding this from you anyway.

"And? You are still telling me to not do anything about that? How very interesting." Yelan said as she placed her hands on her hip, trying her best to not shout at you.

You sat back up and laced your fingers with one another, slightly having a clue about something. A sudden thought that came into your mind.

"You know isn't it strange that he owns too much wealth. More than his own family back in Mondstadt?" You pointed out as you saw a personal record of his net worth per year. You held the paper in your hand.

Yelan walked up to you and snatched the paper from your hand as she thoroughly read through it. At the end of the paper, she only had a smirk on her face.

"So you are trying to imply something here, correct?" She asked.

You brought your chin forward and rested on your laced fingers, and replied back with a grin.

"I am not trying to imply but I am trying to tell you that he is getting help from someone else. Someone who hasn't been on our radar for a long time now." 

Your tone had the aggressive nature to it and Yelan noticed it. From the past year's incidents with Aaron and you, only revenge was something that you yearned at this point.

From the moment he cheated on you till the Annual Qixing party that was conducted a week ago. Everything had its price and you wanted to make sure that he paid you back well.

—In short, you wished to see him crumble down on the ladders of business and make him feel how the world shattered around you, when you realized that he had been using you the whole time. 

..And this time you will make sure to not falter. Because you knew that your feelings for Kaveh were far greater to those feelings you once showed to Aaron. 

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

Kaveh was done sketching another scenery that he had drawn from his mind. The scenery of home.

Not the house that he shared with Alhaitham but rather the entirety of Sumeru was his home. He has traversed through the hard climates and terrains of Sumeru as an Architect who seeked for inspiration. 

He managed to recreate a painting of the Palace of Alcazarzarya. It was his creation after all, he knew every single flaw and merit of the place. As he was done with the final touch-up, he stepped back and exhaled proudly.

He knew he wasn't in his art block anymore.

— Meaning the time for him to go back home was soon. But he doesn't want to. Looking at the portrait he only feels pain in his heart. A month and three weeks was how long he spent in Liyue but that was enough for him to get attached to the place.

He didn't want to leave.

"Oh my goodness! Sir Kaveh! Are you sure you are still in your art block? The painting looks so magnificent!" Eugene cheered from the back as he was in astonishment to Kaveh's improvement. 

Although, his senior did not respond. He stood there blankly, with no emotions upon his face. His eyes showed only dullness to it, unlike the usual cheerful aura. 

"I don't think so Eugene. I see quite a lot of flaws in this painting alone." Kaveh said as he grabbed the canvas and ripped the fabric slowly, leaving Eugene in horror. 

Kaveh was slowly losing his mind because he didn't want to leave you.  He wanted to be with your forever because he has fallen all head over heels but he knew Sumeru awaited him. 

Simply put, debts and financial problems awaited him back in Sumeru. How long could he stay in Liyue by using Alhaitham's money. Wouldn't that put him in more guilt of having debts?

He was slowly running out of excuses to not leave Liyue. He was running of excuses as the day for him to leave was close and would soon approach him in a blink of an eye. 

He pitied the fact that Eugene was the one who has to see him have a breakdown. 

"Sir KAVEH WHY WOULD YOU..." Eugene said as he stopped Kaveh from tearing apart the canvas. 

"Because....I have to. Eventually, I'll lose my sanity." Kaveh remarked as he only kept thinking about the future. Eugene saw how much Kaveh's eyes showed pain and dilemma.

END — CHAPTER 21.

A/n: I'm really sick rn + Preparing for final exams, hence why I'm delaying most of my updates!! Anyway the book is going to get over soon (chapter 30 hopefully) debating what to write next (most likely a modern AU book or chatfic)

Thank you for the 24K Reads <3 Hope you are having a great day!!