23. So Close, Yet Miles Away.

"ALL THE DESIGNS BURTON FIRM OWN, ARE MY DESIGNS

"ALL THE DESIGNS BURTON FIRM OWN, ARE MY DESIGNS. STOLEN AND TAKEN CREDIT BY AARON." you said as the two of you were walking side by side together in the streets of Liyue.

Kaveh only silently listened to whatever you had to say. Walking side-by side, you knew it was best if he came to know about your situation as well. 

The sun was directly above your head as it afternoon already. Warm, humid breeze kept blowing from the sea into the land. The sky wasn't completely clear as you noticed visible clouds that were approaching from the south west direction.

"Stolen and taken credit? Can't you just file a legal case for it?" Kaveh questioned back in the gentlest tone. You sighed heavily because this wasn't the first time someone has told you this..

"I cannot because, I was too late to realize that. I had signed and given authorization to him as the owner of all works. I was too dumbstruck in love with that useless individual to not realize he was using me." 

Kaveh's eyes widen is disbelief. Of course Aaron was a fraud but he never thought that jerk would go this far into ruining someone's life.

"I got an admission letter from Kshahrewar Darshan two years ago, when I and Aaron were in a relationship. The Kshahrewar Darshan granted me a seat as I scored well in the entrance. Nonetheless, Aaron was skeptical about it."  You said in a low tone that was laced with pain and regret.

When he noticed the pain in your voice. he quickly reached his hand out and held your hand. He cleared his throat and spoke, 

"Well, what are your thoughts on taking a second attempt to join the Kshahrewar Darshan? I'm pretty sure the requirement grades are comparatively better now that Alhaitham is the Grand Sage....if you cannot reach the requirement grade, I can just hold Haitham at a point to get you in." Kaveh suggested but little did he expect you to laugh.

You were covering your mouth as you laughed while he was desperately trying to understand what was so funny. 

"What's so funny ?!" Kaveh asked as he held your shoulders and made you face him. You only grinned.

Through your half lidded eyes you looked at him, still giggling. "The way you just underestimated me. It's funny because I got in once you know....with the highest grades any Kshahrewar student had gotten in an entrance. A solid 98/100." 

Kaveh was at loss for words. 

"You are not joking right." He asked back with a disbelief in his voice. He let go of your shoulders.

You winked at him. "If you want, we could head back to my apartment and take that letter out right now." you said with great confidence. Your demeanor was screaming that you weren't joking right now.

Kaveh only flinched back as he remembered two years ago, how the entire Kshahrewar Darshan went into chaos after some student scored 98/100 for in the impossible entrance exam of Kshahrewars. In fact he was walking into the Akademiya, early in the morning having no clue about what happened.