19. Facing a Fear.

"WELL HELLO THERE, ARCHITECT

"WELL HELLO THERE, ARCHITECT." you said as you appeared behind Kaveh, who stood there admiring the view of Liyue harbor beneath the Jade Chamber. It was already evening and the Annual Party post Lantern Rite was about to begin soon.

Kaveh had arrived on Jade Chamber earlier, neatly dressed in his suit. You took longer as Yelan kept asking you to change your dress on and on and in total around fifty dresses were bought by your dear friends. 

It took an exhausting hour just to find the 'perfect' dress like Yelan described. Although you on the other hand was happy with whatever you had....

Kaveh who heard your voice, instantly turned around to see you in an elegant neat attire just like the first  fake 'date' the two of you had. He was slightly flustered upon seeing you and that was mainly because he came to understand what sort of feelings he held for you.

"Should I be complimenting you? or would that be inappropriate of me? Anyway, hello there crazy drinking lady." Kaveh said with a slight grin plastered on his face. He strode towards where you stood.

You slightly scoffed and replied. "A compliment would surely boost my ego and I don't mind receiving one."

Kaveh brought his hand forth for you to place your hand on his, so that the two of you can make an official entrance to the party. Which is why Kaveh stood out, waiting for you all this time. 

"Well, you look absolutely ethereal and elegant today. Unlike your usual violent self." He said as you placed your hand in his, once again feeling the warmth of his hand after a long time.

"That was a wonderful compliment but might I remind you, I haven't touched alcohol in two weeks." You said as you were slightly dejected by the nickname Kaveh has given you since day one of your meeting.

Soon after the little chit-chat the two of you had, you both officially made an appearance at the party. Many people had their eyes set on the two of you and began whispering words into each other's ears as you two walked in. 

Just like you predicted, people caught on with who Kaveh was as he had worked for many popular clients who may be present here. Many even caught on you as they've seen you with Aaron. 

.....and with that came the most worst case scenario that you weren't fully prepared for. The audible gossips that spoke ill of you. Those gazes you were receiving from the people around, were scaring you.

You looked down, trying to avoid all sort of eye contact with any. Kaveh noticed this and he squeezed your hand, gaining your attention. He then whispered into your ears telling,

"Don't look down Y/n. Keep your head up or you're practically gonna fail whatever you planned for." He murmured into your ears in a low voice as the two of you stood away from the big crowds.