22. The Foundation Of Trust.

!NOTE : MENTIONS OF ALCOHOL

"MR.DOMINIK, I NEED TIME." Aaron said as he was seen enjoying a cup of liquor along with a senior Fatui agent. Aaron wasn't keen on drinking much as he feared the man before him. His hands trembled slightly and he kept tapping his shoe against the floor.

"Time? Might I remind you that you have nearly Fifty million mora in debt to us?" Dominik remarked aggressively as he placed the cup down harshly on the table.

Aaron only gulped in nervousness as he had no idea how to deal about the situation.  Dominik took the bottle of strong liquor and poured it into his glass. 

"You told me that you would find all the faults of Jade Chamber. Only if the Fatui could destroy such a possession once more, we will be feared by the citizens of Liyue." He remarked as he drank the burning liquor down.

Aaron mustered his courage up to speak. "I am afraid it's impossible in the given moment. I'm not a professional architect. I need time to get this special architect on my side. She has been the one to support my business all these years but she left me." 

The other man who sat across the table had a hysterical laugh as he raised his glass up in the air.

 "Oh my boy, you have no idea how to win a woman's heart? I thought Mondstadt was known for its ballads and songs related to love." 

Aaron only sat back, slightly irked. He was irritated by whatever was happening and only wondered why you haven't returned to him yet. He was sure that you were in denial about being in love with Kaveh that night.

He knew his words were enough poison to bring you back to him, yet he found himself in an unsettled feeling that you changed. 

You changed in a bad way to him.

A dangerous change that he needs to be careful around. Because one mistake would burn his soul out.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"WHAT? YOU KNEW ABOUT ME BEFORE I MET YOU?" Kaveh asked as he held a glass of water, slightly trembling. The two of you ran into each other at the usual spot near the bridge and was frustrated from work. 

What else better way was there to relieve these frustrations than going out together and doing something for hours together that would lead to a fruitless outcome in the end.