Part 10: The one-on-one battle (Part 2)

The chapter begins as we see Uraka joining class 1-A and taking her seat together with Tokoyami, Iida, Katashi and Y/n.

Uraraka: Those two haven't started yet?

The group looks at Uraraka which causes majority of them to be shocked because they look at her face and notice that something is wrong with her pair of eyes.

Uraraka: I've gotta watch.

Y/n: What happened to your eyes?! You look like you didn't sleep well!

Iida: Were your eyes hurt? You must hurry to Recovery Girl...

Uraraka: I already went. This is, you know It's different.

Iida: It's different? If that's the case, then you must've been really frustrated earlier.

Tokoyami: Rather than feeling regretful right now, you should use this next match as a source of encouragement.

Uraraka: Yeah.

Katashi: I agree.

Y/n: Same.

Iida freeze and turns white as he agrees with Tokoyami.

Iida: That's true.

The first match of the second round is about to begin and we see the two fighters entering the arena.

Present Mic: Thanks for waiting, everybody! The first match of the second round is a big match! The man who won a huge victory in the first round and literally left the audience frozen-- From the hero course, it's Shoto Todoroki!

Todoroki climbs up the staircase and enters the arena.

Present Mic: On the other hand, this guy barely made it past the first round! What kind of fight will he show us this time? From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya!

Midorya is seen also climbing up the stairs and the two of them are now together in the arena.

Todoroki: So you're here.

Midorya: Todoroki.

Iida: Tokoyami, what do you think of this match?

Tokoyami: It depends on whether or not Midoriya jumps in close to Todoroki.

Uraraka: Yeah. What is Deku going to do about that ice?

Katashi: We're going to have to watch to find out.

Y/n (*thought*): (Midorya. What are you planning to do?)

Present Mic: At this year's sports festival, both have shown top class performances! It's like two great rivals fighting against each other! Now! Midoriya versus Todoroki! Start!

Todoroki is the first to act by going for an ice attack as he summons pillars of ice that go straight for Midoriya.

Midorya: Smash!

Midorya retaliates by flicking his finger while activating his quirk. This creates a shockwave that destroys the ice pillars before they can reach him. The shockwave is so strong that the destroyed pieces of ice are blown away along with the cold wind and towards Todoroki and part of the audience that got in its range. Though Midoriya manages to stop Todoroki's attack, doing so causes one of his finger to be bruised badly due to the drawback of his quirk.