Part 9: The one-on-one battle (Part 1)

The one-on-one battle tournament begins as the torches of the arena begin to light up and the cheers from the audience continues.

Present Mic: Hey everyone, the anticipating final event is finally about to begin. The first round.

Midorya first appears walking out from one of the tunnel and walks toward the arena.

Present Mic: He's had good results, so what's with that face? Midorya Izuku from the hero course, versus...

Shinso is seen walking out from another tunnel as he too is walking towards the arena.

Present Mic: Sorry, he hasn't had any notable results, Shinso Hitoshi from the ordinary course. The rules are simple. Either throw them out of bounds or paralyze them. It's also your win if you make the opponent say "I give up.". Don't worry about injuries! Our Recover Girl is here standing by. Throw your morals and ethics aside for a moment. But life-threatening attacks are for scums! You'll be disqualified! A hero uses their fists to fight with the villains.

While Present Mic is explaining the rules, Cementoss creates a cement chair by using his quirk before he sits on it.

Cementoss: I'll stop any scum moves.

The two fighters prepare for battle only for Shinso to start saying something before the match can begin.

Shinso: "I give up", huh? This fight tests the strength of your mind. If you have a future you're set on, you can't care about appearances.

Present Mic: Ready!

Shinso: That boy was talking about his pride and what not...

Present Mic: Start!

Shinso: ...but don't you think it's stupid to throw away this chance?

Midorya suddenly becomes enraged after hearing that and he proceeds to move head on towards Shinso.

Midorya: What're you saying?

At that moment, Midorya has fallen right into Shinso's plan as Shinso smiles while Midoriya suddenly stops in his track.

Y/n and Ojiro quickly spring up from their seat as Ojiro hold his head with both his hand and panics.

Y/n: Damn it, Midorya! We told you to not talk to him!

Ojiro: I went through the trouble of warning him, too!

Present Mic: Hey, what's happening? It's the first round! Make it more exciting!

We take a closer look at Midorya to see that his mind has gone completely blank, showing that he has been mind controlled by Shinso.

Present Mic: Right from the start, Midorya has been paralysed. He's got a blank look on his face and isn't moving a muscle! Is this Shinso's Quirk?! He didn't stand out at all, but could he actually be someone amazing? Hitoshi Shinso from general studies has gotten the better of Izuku Midoriya from the hero course! Who would've imagined this?! Will the bottom really overthrow the top?

Aizawa: That's why I said the entrance exam wasn't rational.

Present Mic: Huh? What?

Aizawa: Here's some basic data on the two of them. Since it's individual matches from here on out, I had someone compile it for me. "Hitoshi Shinso General Studies Class 1-C Nabooh Middle School" Shinso failed the practical exam for the hero course. Since he also applied for general studies, he probably knew that would happen. His Quirk is very powerful, but the practical exam consisted of fighting faux villains. That gave an advantage to those with physical attack Quirks. Shinso wouldn't have been able to rack up any points with his Quirk.